Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7837 (Nightgown)

Reviewed by:Backpacker

About Backpackerstar
UT USA
Member since: 2/14/06
Posted on:6/9/06 9:14 PM
Last Updated:6/9/06 9:16 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Sleepwear

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Homebird said... (7/19/06 4:31 AM) Reply
Thanks for the tips about size - I may cut the hips larger or go for the larger size from the start. My only other Vogue pattern 9887 - dress - does not fit well - big at the top and too tight further down. That also, now I look carefully, shows a picture of a woman with a pencil straight body!! Will also bear in mind the comments about overcasting as I do not have an overlocker either and don't want to waste the silk.
CarolynGM said... (6/10/06 7:52 PM) Reply
Very pretty nightgown. Thanks for mentioning the need for side slits.
jbsew said... (6/10/06 7:27 PM) Reply
Turned out great!
khurtdvm said... (6/10/06 4:38 PM) Reply
Ooohhh, this is really pretty!
slanden99 said... (6/10/06 10:32 AM) Reply
Very pretty!
JDpenelope said... (6/10/06 7:10 AM) Reply
It looks beautiful to me! Are you going to enter it in the Lingerie contest? I might get this pattern and make it in silk charmeuse, which is lightweight for summer. Kwik Sew has a Lingerie book with lots of tips for working with lace and handling edges, in case you are interested. Now to get that pattern!
Leora said... (6/10/06 1:38 AM) Reply
Very pretty. Hope to see your future renditions of this pattern too.
Lhan said... (6/10/06 0:17 AM) Reply
Looks nice (can we see it on?). I think Vogue are often too narrow in their fitting, and I can't imagine why they would design a nightdress without enough ease - if there is ever a garment you need space to move in, it's a nightdress. But you can see in the pattern drawing that they haven't. I have made the camisole (actually I think it is what they call the "top") in this pattern, and had the same trouble with the 'V' that you had. I don't like their use of the lace only to make an edging - although it is common enough in RTW I know - but I use a bias binding, and it is awkward in the 'V'. But I have made several, in silk and cotton, with and without lace, and find it a useful pattern. Lovely colour in that silk by the way - what is it called? And I thought your "bridal lace" was a luscious touch!
Hilary said... (6/9/06 11:14 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this, and for the tip about the fit. Your night gown is beautiful!
wvsher said... (6/9/06 10:41 PM) Reply
Very pretty gown; thanks for the review!
JenSews2 said... (6/9/06 10:12 PM) Reply
Very nice. I was going to make this pattern up for my next nightgown. Thanks for the tips.
bheath said... (6/9/06 9:35 PM) Reply
Very pretty nightgown! :- )

Sew Liberated Aurelia Cardigan