Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> AD (Funky Cuffed Culottes)

Reviewed by:MaryBeth

Sweater knit fabrics

Schnauzer said... (9/8/06 0:05 AM) Reply
Very nice!
sewbehind said... (9/7/06 7:22 PM) Reply
Great Caboose! The pants are pretty cute too.
beangirl said... (9/7/06 1:01 PM) Reply
Awesome awesome awesome! I love these pants! (And you know, I'm finding that I should not do so may alterations off the bat either. I just did a top and didn't alter the back at all... and it's great! doh! Quelle suprise.) Yor pants are very funky and very cool.
Mary Reed said... (9/7/06 11:37 AM) Reply
WOW!! Fabulous slacks - definately NOT Mom pants, but very stylish and wonderful!! Thank you for the complete and funny review.
Lorna C. Newman said... (9/7/06 11:05 AM) Reply
I love this style on you! This review is great, too. Very helpful indeed for me as I am struggling with a pair of HP jeans ...
Karla Kizer said... (6/12/06 11:25 PM) Reply
LOL. I agreed with the sentiments completely, but it was uncharacteristic of you to chime in using those words.
MaryBeth said... (6/12/06 11:05 PM) Reply
oopsie
artist1lisa said... (6/12/06 10:36 PM) Reply
Awesome pants.They look great on you.Bravo.
Karen6790 said... (6/12/06 11:21 AM) Reply
Wow, might have to get this pattern after all - didn't think I was liking the culotte resurrection, but you may have convinced me. I was afraid of the low waist because of what my friend calls the muffin-top effect. Great review, thanks.
Lisa Laree said... (6/12/06 10:49 AM) Reply
Wow. What a great write-up of the whole process. And you know, you may have just convinced me that I'm not too old for this style either...which was my initial thought when I looked at the pattern. Fabulous work and great pants (and shirt, too, ;) )
cindyann said... (6/12/06 10:40 AM) Reply
Lovely pants! Great look on you. Your interior work is noticed with envy. ;)Thanks for the wonderful review. I think I might be too short for this style, but maybe I should reconsider?
Melody said... (6/12/06 9:02 AM) Reply
MaryBeth, Those pants are rocking! You did an awesome job. They look great on you.
ConnieBJ said... (6/12/06 8:27 AM) Reply
"mom pants"! I love it! the pants look terrific - but of course you know that.
els said... (6/12/06 6:29 AM) Reply
Great culottes MB. The pattern name “ funky cuffed culottes “can be worn not only for the young and trendy you showed us mature women that we can be funky too if we dare.
CarolynGM said... (6/12/06 6:13 AM) Reply
Fascinating process that you went through to get these pants to work for your body. I'm with Georgene -- carry the look over to longer pants as well.
Danvillegirl said... (6/12/06 5:29 AM) Reply
Great job on these. Glad you are persistent and determined. They look great!
Dmd4106 said... (6/12/06 1:35 AM) Reply
great looking pants, excellent review.
jojoeffe said... (6/12/06 0:30 AM) Reply
What a great review. Thanks! Your pants look just great on.
Georgene said... (6/12/06 0:01 AM) Reply
Well now, those are mighty fine. YOur waistband is just about perfect in its 1.5" width. Will you use this fit for a longer trouser as well? It seems a shame not to carry it over to another silhouette.
Berniejh said... (6/11/06 11:57 PM) Reply
You're a very brave woman facing all those fears! They look just great. Good on you for resisting the "de-style" urge.
Elemenopeo said... (6/11/06 11:28 PM) Reply
These look wonderful. Thanks for the great review.
sewfan said... (6/11/06 11:20 PM) Reply
These look just great! I'm always amazed how those lower waisted pants fit my middle-aged body.
bunz said... (6/11/06 11:18 PM) Reply
You funky gal! They look great. Congrats on stretching your mental comfort level :-)
PhyllisC said... (6/11/06 10:53 PM) Reply
I am SO lovin' these Mary Beth! They remind me of those 80's "city shorts" which is a great fun & funky look that deserves to be revived. You could also wear these on the weekend with high boots and a denim jacket.
Tailypo said... (6/11/06 10:42 PM) Reply
Fabulous! And good save -- I'm glad you steered clear of 'mommification', as these are funkay and flattering.
Lynngray said... (6/11/06 10:35 PM) Reply
They really look nice on you. I may make them also. Thanks for the great reveiw also.
Lynngray said... (6/11/06 10:34 PM) Reply
They really look nice on you. I may make them also. Thanks for the great reveiw.
Gigi Louis said... (6/11/06 10:20 PM) Reply
MaryBeth, these are so fabulous! I love them!
Levone said... (6/11/06 9:55 PM) Reply
These pants look fantastic on you! Great job!
Stacy Sews said... (6/11/06 9:55 PM) Reply
What a fun pair of pants! They look great both inside and out. I'm glad they worked for you.
Motorposus said... (6/11/06 9:48 PM) Reply
You really made it work--they're both funky and foxy. Great with heels. Thanks for illustrating the metamorphosis of these pants.
GorgeousFabrics said... (6/11/06 9:32 PM) Reply
Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous! You know what works, and you make it work for you! -Ann
Rebecca D said... (6/11/06 9:31 PM) Reply
These look just great on you and you've got the gorgeous calves to pull them off.
dreamdesigner said... (6/11/06 9:29 PM) Reply
I like those a LOT! And they look very nice on you!
redhead said... (6/11/06 9:09 PM) Reply
These look awesome on you. You should be happy. They are fantastic!

Understanding Wool Fabrics