Pattern Reviews> Burda> 3197

Posted on:6/12/06 0:18 AM
Last Updated:1/4/07 8:36 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
cecelia said... (1/6/07 10:20 AM) Reply
Oh, I love all your shirts. You've been one busy gal! Your choice of colors is nice too.
cathy ann said... (10/28/06 10:32 PM) Reply
Gr4eat review, very helpful and love the photos.....you are a very good seamstress.......
JenSews2 said... (6/22/06 11:04 AM) Reply
Coverhem is the stitch that looks like a double needle on top and a zig-zag on the bottom...check the hems of some of your store bought t-shirts...it should be there! The Elnas do 3 coverhems. Look at elna.com for more info, or send me a private message!
Pickle said... (6/21/06 4:42 PM) Reply
Thanks Jen for the info! I was thinking about the Elna! But what is a coverhem? I don't know that technique. Thanks, Nickie
JenSews2 said... (6/21/06 11:17 AM) Reply
Pickle, I used a wide coverhem, but a double needle would work too. I used my Elna 945 serger for both the serging and coverhems. I love the machine...the Elnas are great! You can search the machine reviews here for both the Elna 744 (mechanical) and Elna 945 sergers (computerized). These are both my favorite sergers!
Pickle said... (6/20/06 7:28 PM) Reply
Hi. I love your finishing on these knit shirts. Did you use a double needle for topstitching? Also, did you use a serger? What serger would you recommend if you did use one? I just can't get those even edges with my machine. Thanks for any advice you can offer. Nickie
hongkongshopper said... (6/14/06 2:46 AM) Reply
Congrats on getting all the tops done! Clever idea with the white rescue on the turquoise top.
JenniferBee said... (6/13/06 6:28 AM) Reply
Love this pattern, I've made sooooo many tops from this pattern. You are right about the flare at the hemline, I use this pattern to check sizing on other knit top patterns as it is such a good fit.
Elemenopeo said... (6/12/06 5:24 PM) Reply
Great shaping to this t pattern. I like your variations.
slanden99 said... (6/12/06 3:42 PM) Reply
Great job on the shirts. This looks like a good wardrobe staple pattern
Mary Stiefer said... (6/12/06 1:07 AM) Reply
Well, when you Mom asks for another one you know you've done a great job. All of these look good.

Simplicity 1939

by: HRigg

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?