Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2561 (Women's Pants)

Reviewed by:Sew4Fun

About Sew4Funstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 6/23/04
Posted on:6/19/06 1:01 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Yvonski said... (9/21/08 1:53 AM) Reply
Your review is very helpful. I've just received this pattern and am about to cut a pair out for my DD. Using Bengaline which is very stretchy so wish me luck.
materialgirl331 said... (4/8/07 9:04 PM) Reply
These pants look marvelous.
99 said... (9/7/06 9:17 PM) Reply
This was a very well done review. The ideas with descriptions and photos were very easy to understand. These are good looking pants.
Debbie Cook said... (6/23/06 7:33 PM) Reply
A great pair of pants (again)! Such a flattering style on you and nice details. Love those pockets.
SarahWeb said... (6/23/06 11:10 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I have this pattern and am trying to get around to it. I love the changes you made for a more "jeans" style. You have a very good looking pair of pants, there. I think this style might look good in a cropped length, too.
SewTwin said... (6/21/06 6:12 PM) Reply
I am thrilled with your review!I have searched patterns for this type of pockets.My rounded hips & tummy pull at slant/curved pockets.That is all the big 4 seem to make.You did the research for me.I guess I didn't notice them in the other reviews,but since your pocket pics were so clear, I said Eureka!!...I found my pocket/tummy/hip problem pants!! I also think the wider waistband would pull in the excess from my weightloss tummy.Is the front larger than the back waistband??..Kudos for the pants & the "Review"!!
minieme said... (6/20/06 7:45 PM) Reply
Your pants look so well fitted, I think I should attempt to sew and fit another pair of pants again, I too have flat buttocks, my first pair of Palmer/Pletsch pants went to the Lifeline bin. I know someone is enjoying a nice pair of black crepe slacks.
Motorposus said... (6/20/06 10:36 AM) Reply
The belt loops and back pockets really complete the look. Your topstitching is beautiful!
Danvillegirl said... (6/20/06 5:27 AM) Reply
Great looking pants. They fit perfect.
sewsue said... (6/20/06 4:46 AM) Reply
Your pants look great and fit well too. Thanks for all the photos too.
martinanne said... (6/20/06 2:34 AM) Reply
Wow! Beautiful work!
Sew4Fun said... (6/20/06 1:20 AM) Reply
HKS, oops sorry. That should have read *horizontal* fabric under the buttocks. I'll change it as it's confusing. This is the Kenneth King fish eye dart alteration where you pin a horizontal dart under the cheek then transfer the dart to the waist.
hongkongshopper said... (6/20/06 0:04 AM) Reply
Great review Belinda. Nice pants! Just a question on the alteration "The other alteration was to scoop the back waist to remove vertical fabric under the buttock cheeks" - how does that work? Is that putting a verical dart from waist to hem to reduce fabric going across the butt?
Skye said... (6/19/06 11:28 PM) Reply
Great pants - thank you for the excellent review. This might be a pattern worth getting :)
Sherril Miller said... (6/19/06 7:07 PM) Reply
You may never have to buy RTW again. These are one terriffic fit and thanks for the Flat butt adjustment. No that's one that makes real sense to me.
Sew4Fun said... (6/19/06 6:33 PM) Reply
Thanks for the comments everyone. Deepika, I haven't bought pants now for 2 years. :) Elizajo, the waistband is basically the same only curved in different places. My back waistband is more curved and my front less curved. The Jalie one may have fit but when I had one that I knew fit I couldn't see the point in re-inventing the wheel. :) I spent a long time getting my contoured waistband just right so I use when I can.
Lilibet said... (6/19/06 6:22 PM) Reply
Very nice fit. Other pattern on my wishlist.
wvsher said... (6/19/06 11:56 AM) Reply
Great looking pants!
Diane E said... (6/19/06 11:32 AM) Reply
Belinda, your jeans are great! The fit is terrific. Thanks for all the details in your review - from thread used for top-stitching to the pocket stay - very very informative.
sewbehind said... (6/19/06 10:15 AM) Reply
Those pants look fantastic. Great fit and good job.
cindyann said... (6/19/06 9:57 AM) Reply
Very nicely done! Thank you for the review and the detailed pics.
elizajo said... (6/19/06 9:50 AM) Reply
After your review I clicked on "add to bag" and bought this pattern. I love the pocket stay. How is your beautifully fitted waistband different from the pattern?
Mary Stiefer said... (6/19/06 9:23 AM) Reply
Another great pair of pants.
Stacy Sews said... (6/19/06 8:38 AM) Reply
Belinda, these look fantastic on you. Thanks for the review, I've been contemplating getting this pattern (in fact, I already bought some fabric for it, just incase) for awhile now and you helped make up my mind - I need this pattern!
Deepika said... (6/19/06 8:16 AM) Reply
Wow your pants look fabulous! You may never need to buy pants again :) Glad to see another glowing review of these pants. They are on my next to sew list.
Ronda Rae said... (6/19/06 6:07 AM) Reply
Great review! I have a similar figure so I'm definitely going to try your alterations. These look wonderful!
JenniferBee said... (6/19/06 5:48 AM) Reply
Great looking pants Belinda. Thanks for the detailed alterations.
Lori V said... (6/19/06 4:22 AM) Reply
Great looking pants, Belinda. Looks like a perfect fit.
Vonnevo said... (6/19/06 2:24 AM) Reply
Definitely nice Duds Belinda. The fit is fabulous.Echoing brrmm, looking good girl :))
Sew4Fun said... (6/19/06 2:15 AM) Reply
Sorry, PMB = Pattern Master Boutique. It is pattern drafting software by WildGinger.com I'll edit my review.
brrmm said... (6/19/06 2:04 AM) Reply
Hey, nice duds !! Great fit, looking good girl. BTW whats a PMB (pardon my ignorance)

Contest Travel Wardrobe Contest