Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5876 (1930s evening gown (OOP))

Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

About squirrellypoostarstarstarstar
United Kingdom
Member since: 3/27/05
Posted on:6/21/06 9:02 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
saraatkin said... (3/8/14 5:58 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job with this dress. I have completely fallen in love with this pattern and have just won it on ebay. Unfortunately there is no possible event in my life I could wear it to. i am really hoping that something one day crops up like it did for you :)
Lana E said... (7/8/09 7:00 PM) Reply
Oh this is gorgeous. I'm impressed you were able to finish everything so quickly, but you are right, the end result is just stunning.
mommaseven said... (8/7/06 10:56 PM) Reply
Beautifully done, and gives me hope for all those gorgeous patterns I can't resist collecting!
AnneM said... (7/24/06 12:12 PM) Reply
This is already OOP? !! Great job on your dress; can't believe you got it done so quickly. Perhaps I will have occasion to make some of the patterns I have on hand "just because".
kethry said... (6/22/06 9:24 AM) Reply
Great Dress! I too cranked this one out in record time for a class reunion formal a couple of years ago. I think there are still some safety pins in the hem!. Yours looks great! I feel your pain on the flounces. ugh. I am glad you finished it in time!
Ceri590 said... (6/22/06 7:31 AM) Reply
Wow! Great dress, great story. Congratulations!
Tipseysmum said... (6/22/06 6:35 AM) Reply
wonderful, wonderful, wonderful... A fantastic dress i wish i had that pattern. You did a great job and should be really proud.
KiwiWendy said... (6/21/06 11:47 PM) Reply
drop dead gorgeous. I snaffled up this pattern as soon as it was available ... I love 1930s clothes and it was great that it wasn't only in the small sizes. I'm still waiting for an occasion to make it.
Liana said... (6/21/06 6:02 PM) Reply
What a great dress, and what a great story! Very nice, all around.
OP Gal said... (6/21/06 5:00 PM) Reply
Great dress and great review. I agree, you've definitely graduated from the advanced beginner category with this dress!
redsquid said... (6/21/06 4:40 PM) Reply
Ditto on drunken dancing picture - we don't get enough "dd" shots here LOL - it's a beautiful dress, congrats!
bunz said... (6/21/06 2:27 PM) Reply
Great gown! And I love the drunken dancing picture!!
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (6/21/06 12:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, great review.
Marita Kinnula said... (6/21/06 12:13 PM) Reply
Very well done!!! hooray! and very good review also, thanks. Marita
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (6/21/06 11:48 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning dress and a great story of resourcefulness. You look gorgeous darling!
Gerri sews said... (6/21/06 10:24 AM) Reply
Wow! At the risk of sounding like Katie Holmes, you look "Amaaaazing"!
kkkkaty said... (6/21/06 9:51 AM) Reply
Amazing dress, you look gorgeous. You should be rating yourself higher than an advanced beginner, I'd say......
Tini said... (6/21/06 9:38 AM) Reply
great dress! I love love love vintage patterns or vintage inspired patterns....
countrybug said... (6/21/06 9:34 AM) Reply
beautiful dress, congratulations
Annika said... (6/21/06 9:28 AM) Reply
Fantastic gown! Wow!!! I remember this pattern from a while back and when I went back to buy it it was OOP! Yours is so lovely and elegant. I do particularly love it with the flaming red feather boa ;D

by: nancy2001