Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> cn_ts (Classix Nouveau Trouser Skirt)

Reviewed by:Tarawebster

About Tarawebsterstar
Member since: 1/31/03
Posted on:6/23/06 2:09 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
AnneM said... (7/24/06 12:43 PM) Reply
That looks fantastic. Great style. I really will have to get this. (Had to put the pants on-hold for other projects... when I finish those I will probably get this pattern.)
wvsher said... (6/24/06 11:47 PM) Reply
Great job on the skirt. It looks great on you; I can see why it will become a wardrobe staple.
MaryBeth said... (6/24/06 4:55 PM) Reply
Another great review of this wonderful skirt style. Congrats on finishing it! I am hoping that you will update your review with photos of the new skirts as you make them. :)
Gigi Louis said... (6/24/06 10:55 AM) Reply
What a beautiful, classic skirt! It looks great on you.
GorgeousFabrics said... (6/24/06 10:52 AM) Reply
Your skirt turned out wonderfully. I had similar problems with the instructions for the razor sharp pants. I think they both use the same application. -Ann
slanden99 said... (6/24/06 10:24 AM) Reply
Great job on the skirt. How nice that it fit you so well without much altering.
BeckyC said... (6/23/06 10:49 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful skirt on you! It fits you wonderfully. It's a classic that I bet you'll make many times. Thanks for the great review.
CarolynGM said... (6/23/06 7:20 PM) Reply
I love this classic style on you. I'm anxious to see your next versions. You are fortunate that you didn't need to alter for fit.
PhyllisC said... (6/23/06 7:01 PM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful - Tara you did a stellar job and you look GREAT in this skirt! I think you also made the right fabric choice. Trust me, the next one will go together in a fraction of the time. I'm so happy for you - and can't wait to see the next one!
marthamyers said... (6/23/06 4:14 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt - encouraged to make one myself now!
pterion said... (6/23/06 2:38 PM) Reply
Really sharp-looking classic style and you got a great fit despite the troubling instructions. I would love to have 3 or 4 of these to wear to work too!
Tarawebster said... (6/23/06 2:31 PM) Reply
Janie, you are absolutely right. If this had not been my muslin, I would have taken the time to underline it. I decided to line it when I saw that it was going to be a wearable muslin, rather than just a throw away 'fit' muslin. I didn't have to change the fit much at all. I decided to go ahead and wear it after seeing several Talbots linen skirts that aren't even lined (selling for over $100.) that have the seam allowances showing through just like this one does. My next linen one will be underlined, probably with cotton bastite.
Janie Viers said... (6/23/06 2:24 PM) Reply
It's truly a georgeous fit on you! I think I would have underlined it as well as lined it to prevent the seam allowance show through (I usually only underline white but mostly forget to do it in pastel colors myself!)

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2012-117