Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4113 (Children/Girl Slip)

Reviewed by:slanden99

About slanden99starstarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 9/14/05
Posted on:6/25/06 0:54 AM
Last Updated:6/25/06 0:58 AM

wvsher said... (6/26/06 10:20 AM) Reply
Oh, how cute! Looks great on her.
Elemenopeo said... (6/25/06 10:44 PM) Reply
Lots of reduction of stash here. What a sweet outcome for all your hard work. DD is a cutie pie.
Peggy L said... (6/25/06 5:14 PM) Reply
Despite the fitting issues, it looks really cute on her. She looks pleased and it will be nice and cool for all the hot weather on the horizon!!
Tini said... (6/25/06 4:33 PM) Reply
Great job, the princess dress is so cute! And another piece of your least favourite fabric gone... yeah!! STASH REDUCTION!
Celeste said... (6/25/06 12:23 PM) Reply
I've been sewing for my nephew and every time I use a pattern by the Simplicity (McCalls and Butterick are probably the same) I find they want the clothes to fit very wide and very short! Way out of proportion!! (Found the same thing sewing for young nieces)--No problem with Burda or Kwik Sew. Warning to those of you sewing for kids--if you use these poorly drafted ones, check them against a garment that fits well!! I had to completely redraft a vest for my nephew and then wished I had just bought a Burda or Kwik Sew after all the work I did adjusting it!
Em's Summer said... (6/25/06 12:00 PM) Reply
Sorry about all of the fitting problems, but the end product looks really good on your little cutie pie! Good job and great review!
Mary Stiefer said... (6/25/06 10:30 AM) Reply
Your changes certainly made a difference. I think your DD is a pink fan, even here dolly stroller is pink.
mon-petite said... (6/25/06 10:13 AM) Reply
thanks for the great review!! I love how the dress turned out!!!! your DD looks beautiful.. great job!
Evatgirl73 said... (6/25/06 10:01 AM) Reply
Despite the obvious flaws of the pattern, the princess dress came out GREAT!! I had to quickly close the pic as my oldest came in the office and she would pester me 'til no end to make her one just like it... I have the same knit but gathering multiple tiers is not my favorite thing, LOL! So so cute, I'm glad your DD loves it! Edited to change spelling
Lori V said... (6/25/06 9:22 AM) Reply
Your hard work paid off, your dd has a beautiful dress and yes, she looks like a princess. I really like all the fabric and your added details, wondeful garment.
Tiner W said... (6/25/06 9:18 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review--I was looking for a slip pattern for DD. Cute dress!

Lekala Patterns 4136