Pattern Reviews> Petite Plus Patterns> 203 (Wrap Jacket & Blouse)

Viewed 1953 times

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Plus
hutchce said... (7/19/14 8:33 PM) Reply
Has anyone made View C? I am having a terrible time trying to figure out the sleeve hole facings..
Lou05 said... (5/2/07 1:41 AM) Reply
Nice job matching pattern and fabric. It turned into a very attractive outfit. You have inspired me to get out my fabric & my pattern that's been stashed for months and give it a try. Thanks.
cecelia said... (2/2/07 8:04 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone for all your nice comments!
Heatherrique said... (2/1/07 12:31 PM) Reply
I like the color and style on you! Classy and alluring!
Tany said... (1/26/07 3:07 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket and a great review! Thank you!
OP Gal said... (1/26/07 12:33 PM) Reply
cecelia, what a lovely jacket. It fits you beautifully. Congratulations on your first jacket attempt!
SouthernStitch said... (1/26/07 11:53 AM) Reply
This looks awesome on you. You've found a great pattern many of us can use and look good in.
Sherril Miller said... (1/26/07 11:20 AM) Reply
I can't wait to try this one now. I love your muslin. Just think how wonderful your next one will be!
beangirl said... (1/26/07 10:15 AM) Reply
Very nice! This pattern was something of a disaster for me, so I'm pleased to see it looking so nice on someone else (just to clarify: mine was a fitting disaster due to my figure, not because of anything in the pattern itself). If you make another view I hope you'll review that as well!
AngieC said... (1/26/07 9:08 AM) Reply
I love your jacket! Beautifully done and it fits you perfectly!
Peggy L said... (1/26/07 7:33 AM) Reply
Cecelia - great jacket. Very Fab Fifty!!!
Sew4Fun said... (1/26/07 6:52 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket. It fits nicely.
Sherril Miller said... (1/24/07 7:45 PM) Reply
Cecelia, I can't view your photo and I missed the review once you added it. I really like this pattern.
cecelia said... (8/10/06 9:45 AM) Reply
Thanks, Muffet. I've been very pleased with all the Petite Plus Patterns I've made-- the flat front pants (have made several pairs), tapered pants, & short sleeve top. I'm getting ready to do the bias skirt with flounce and wrap around straight skirt. Good luck!
Mufffet said... (8/9/06 9:51 PM) Reply
I just saw this and your jacket is beautiful. I just bought two Petite Plus patterns, and I hope to make them up soon. Your jacket is inspriring!
cecelia said... (7/28/06 8:59 AM) Reply
Thanks, Anne. When I first looked, it had (and does have for a different view) 80 steps, but the one I made had far less because of no collar.
cecelia said... (7/28/06 8:58 AM) Reply
Thanks, Anne. When I first looked, it had (and does have for a different view) 80 steps, but the one I made had far less because of no collar, more like 45 steps.
AnneM said... (7/27/06 7:40 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket. 80 steps? Sounds nice and detailed, anyway. It looks like it's worth all the steps you use. It really is stunning; you made a great fabric choice for your jacket.
cecelia said... (7/3/06 7:28 AM) Reply
As you can see, I finished this last night and am very happy with it. Would I sew it again--yes, now that I know what I'm doing, but it's definitely not an overnight project. Please forgive my stupid grin--it's my husband asking me to say, "cheese" in all my photos (probably 4-5 of them!)
cecelia said... (7/2/06 10:41 AM) Reply
I counted the steps for view B which I'm making, and there are 46-47 steps. Ms. Cheetham is very detailed in her explanations. Also, this pattern needs a lot of interfacing strips cut (about 5 yds). Last night I finished everything except the buttons/buttonholes, so hope to post a photo soon. I had some trouble with the "bagged lining" in the sleeves. She called for leaving 6" free in each sleeve for turning. This I think should be a little more like 7" or 8" and only about 1 1/2" from where you're going to sew the lining to the sleeve. Maybe that's just because I've never done a "bagged" lining before. I have enjoyed sewing it. One more thing, most of "Petite Plus" patterns have a 3/8" seam allowance, not 5/8".
Sherril Miller said... (7/1/06 2:54 PM) Reply
I wanted to make this too. Can you describe why it needs so many steps or is the patternmaker just going overboard in her explainations?
Liane M said... (7/1/06 6:20 AM) Reply
I'm hoping to make this while I'm off work this week. I'm very interested in hearing how yours turns out. Is it complicated or just detailed? I have read through the instructions and have waited to make this until I have some time. Hope it is a winner.
Learn To Sew said... (6/30/06 2:26 PM) Reply
Please include pictures when you finish this jacket. Sounds like you have overcome a real challenge and succeeded nicely. Kathleen does write some interesting steps sometimes. I'm glad you understood them, and could continue sewing. Have you enjoyed the project?
Ruth C said... (6/30/06 11:32 AM) Reply
I've been planning to make this jacket, so please do remember to update your review when you are finished. It sounds like it will be lovely.

by: JillyBe