Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2481 (Bellville Sassoon evening dres)

Reviewed by:delirium

About deliriumstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 3/31/04
Posted on:6/30/06 7:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
margk said... (7/11/08 4:23 AM) Reply
Thanks for this, Delerium. I have just purchased this pattern and black satin, so wish me luck. (I am new to this website, so maybe I will post after I sew!)
angelt841 said... (3/25/08 1:01 AM) Reply
I've been debating whether or not to use to this pattern for my luncheon dress, but seeing this review and that you too would like to try a casual fabric, encourages me. I hope my dressis as nice as yours!
tourist said... (7/27/07 8:30 PM) Reply
I am in the midst of making this in a long version for a wedding gown. The muslin was made in lightweight poly satin and a light interfacing. The top seam twisted and didn't lie properly. We have heavier satin and heavier interfacing (the pattern does not specify interfacing weight) so I am hoping the final version will be better. I didn't have any trouble with the invisible zip I put in. If anyone else has made this pattern, I would love to here from you. The wedding is Aug 25th:-) It is my daughter:-)
annamommynous said... (1/14/07 6:56 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I am gonna place my order for this pattern. Your dress looks great!
PearlGirl said... (1/12/07 2:18 PM) Reply
awesome dress!! I LOVE the color you chose...it's really beautiful, nice job!!
AngelaBarbara said... (11/10/06 5:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I just ordered this to make up for myself, and it's nice to know (I'm a beginner) that it's not too hard!
Tipseysmum said... (7/25/06 10:34 AM) Reply
fantastic dress. well done. you have inspired me to buy this pattern and give it a go. thank you
yummymummy38 said... (7/14/06 10:12 AM) Reply
Very adventurous for a "beginner", I'd never attempt boning without sewing class help and I've sewn for many years. Beautiful pattern, silk, bet it looked ravishing! Well done!
AndreaP said... (7/2/06 0:52 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
mrspenguin said... (7/1/06 12:44 PM) Reply
Drop dead gorgeous! I wanna wear it.... lol
Ligeia said... (7/1/06 12:28 PM) Reply
I would love to see a photo too. This is on the top of my "to do list" and you have made such a beautiful job of it. What a gorgeous colour. Great job!!
Re Becca said... (7/1/06 12:01 PM) Reply
Good fabric choice, it show off the style well. Show us your boning! (not a phrase to be thrown around in mixed company) I would love to see more pictures, sober or not. Great job for a seamstress at any level, much less beginner.
redsquid said... (7/1/06 10:49 AM) Reply
I'd have to agree that a dress with a boned underbodice is most definitely not a beginner project - it is MUCH nicer looking than Vogue's model photo, and I love the green as you can see the pleating details. ~Linda
lornakismet said... (7/1/06 1:14 AM) Reply
W.O.W. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -LornaKismet (Lorna A.)
AliceB said... (6/30/06 9:21 PM) Reply
G e o r g o u s
Em's Summer said... (6/30/06 8:21 PM) Reply
Lovely style and I love that shade of emerald green!
Heatherrique said... (6/30/06 8:14 PM) Reply
I like the way the dress drapes nicely! But I am sure the dress would look even greater with you modeling it!
Lhan said... (6/30/06 8:11 PM) Reply
Wow! Really impressive for a "beginner" - are you sure you are? Would love to see a photo with you in it - especially with the long black gloves. Nice to know that such glamorous dresses can be easy to sew - I would never have tried. Looks great. Thanks for the review.

by: catintheha...