Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8196 (So-ho type blouse)

Reviewed by:mrspenguin

About mrspenguinstar
CA
Member since: 12/29/05
Posted on:7/1/06 1:46 PM
Last Updated:7/1/06 1:49 PM

*Jessica* said... (10/15/06 7:46 PM) Reply
i love the look of your first attempt. thanks for the info on this pattern ! i think u did a good job. i would wear it
AnneM said... (7/27/06 9:44 AM) Reply
Not as good as some other styles on you, but it still beats a lot of RTW I see! I also tend to find that I sometimes need to put things aside because I am much more critical of things I make than of things I buy.
mrspenguin said... (7/2/06 11:19 AM) Reply
You all are so sweet! Actually, I finally did cut the organza out of the first one and it feels better. I'm still not crazy about it but with your encouragement, now maybe I will wear it! Thanks.
katyusha said... (7/2/06 8:42 AM) Reply
I love the neck darts you substituted. They look classic but so fresh. I can imagine Anthropologie trying something like that, but you had it first!
MaryBeth said... (7/2/06 7:30 AM) Reply
I actually prefer the first one. The rouching, fabric, buttons are great. It is unfortunate that you underlined the waistline flouce with the organza. I would try to cut the underlining out of the flounce and maybe add a more pleasant feeling lining to the bodice. It's so RTW and fashionable
wvsher said... (7/1/06 10:39 PM) Reply
I really like the first one. :) I wonder if maybe it's supposed to fit that way, because it really does look nice. The yellow fabric is gorgeous, too.
Debbie Cook said... (7/1/06 6:20 PM) Reply
I really like both versions and it's so interesting to see how different they each turned out. It's too bad the first attempt didn't work fit-wise, but style-wise it's gorgeous. I bet the second version will get lots of wear this summer. It's very cute.
CSchiffgens said... (7/1/06 5:52 PM) Reply
I think they are both wonderful - very cute. Maybe after not looking at them for a few days you might like them better.
mastdenman said... (7/1/06 2:55 PM) Reply
I love the ruffly girl look and it's cute on you too. Great tops.
Sherril Miller said... (7/1/06 2:17 PM) Reply
I think it's cute on your darling figure.
Heatherrique said... (7/1/06 2:07 PM) Reply
Cute, chic and unique top! You do sew the Vogue patterns very well! Kudos to you!

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns