Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2374 (Misses Bra)

Reviewed by:ReneeSews

About ReneeSewsstar
IN USA
Member since: 6/26/05
Posted on:7/2/06 8:00 PM
Last Updated:7/17/06 2:16 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
See other patterns in this category: Lingerie

Fallwgrace said... (3/19/09 2:47 PM) Reply
Makes me want to try my hand at making a bra that I want to wear. Thanks. K.
purefairydust said... (3/17/09 9:51 AM) Reply
I really enjoyed reading this review. I am glad to see that you made it in fabric other then the suggested fabric. I like the idea of not using sliders and the idea of sewing the back seam and think the 4 way stretch like you used would make an excellent sport bra.
Elemenopeo said... (7/18/06 10:43 AM) Reply
So glad you decided to do a few more lingerie pieces. I do enjoy seeing what you've made.
Rustybobn said... (7/18/06 8:52 AM) Reply
Love that purple bra, Renee!
ReneeSews said... (7/17/06 5:36 PM) Reply
licarrit1-I haven't worn underwires in forever so I can't say if these support as well. They support as well as my $26 Bali Bras that don't have underwires.
licarritc said... (7/17/06 3:28 PM) Reply
I just recently got this one and I am cutting one of these badboys out tonight! Great review and ideas for the straps/back so you can just pull it on over your head like a sports bra? And it really is supportive with out the underwires?
katieb said... (7/17/06 3:03 PM) Reply
This is great. Thank you so much for the review. I hate underwired bras, and have trouble finding non-wired bras. I never thought of making my own. I will have a go now. Thanks for all the helpful tips.
JeanetteE said... (7/4/06 12:41 PM) Reply
I just finished reading your 3 bra reviews & I want to thank you very much. I bought this pattern ( and 2 other KS bra patterns) several years ago & have been too scared to try them. I'm now going to attempt this one first ( after I find the darn thing!). :)
wvsher said... (7/3/06 4:09 PM) Reply
Great job on the bra. I may have to try this.
mamakooz said... (7/3/06 7:34 AM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing this! Your bra looks great!
fuzzygalore said... (7/3/06 3:57 AM) Reply
Oh, higher -sides-... what an interesting idea!! Now I personally like underwires, which is why I prefer bras without bottom band (the band always seems to end up elsewhere than intended). But this does look like it'd work well without. Mmm... Thanks for encouraging us all by your exploration of patterns and incredibly professional-looking results :-)!
ReneeSews said... (7/2/06 11:37 PM) Reply
Sherrill - My RTW bras don't have underwires, can't stand them. All I can say is to yes definitely give it a try and see how it works for you.
Sherril Miller said... (7/2/06 11:01 PM) Reply
That's a nice look bra. I've had this pattern for about three years and have never tried it. I'm close to your size at a 40C but I wear underwire styles. Does this have enough support to do away with wires? I think I should give it a try.
sewbehind said... (7/2/06 10:59 PM) Reply
Wow, your bras look very professional. I'm a little daunted about fabric choice and such. Good job.
Skye said... (7/2/06 8:50 PM) Reply
excellent review and very nice "housing" for your girls :)
frame said... (7/2/06 8:22 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. You make it sound easy!

Paradiso Designs Retro Granny Skirt Formula Pattern