Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4135 (Threads pants)

Reviewed by:Penny Carlson

About Penny Carlsonstar
Member since: 12/30/01
Posted on:7/4/06 8:35 PM
Last Updated:7/19/06 6:07 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants    Skirts
Penny Carlson said... (7/19/06 9:17 PM) Reply
I have to tell you that I am pretty much unable to put up a picture right now. As far as the back, nothing strange...the waistband fits well, they are just very very nice. Oh! When I said they were full, I meant the legs. The upper area fits nicely. Definitely jump right in! Like I said, we did NO alterations of any kind (except waist length shortening)...I described DD's shape, but I am 5"2" , 140 pounds (but down 20 since Jan!), and I used size 18, which was maybe one size more than I needed - waist 32, hip 42.
dreamdesigner said... (7/19/06 7:47 PM) Reply
Hmmm, So a size 1 or 2 RTW translated into an 8 in this pattern? I may be in trouble! Guess I'll just jump in. The fabric I'm planning on using wasn't that expensive. Please post a picture of both pairs!
sluj said... (7/12/06 9:30 PM) Reply
I would love to see a photo of your project, even just a back view to supplement what the pattern envelope shows =-).
Levone said... (7/10/06 4:39 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review as I bought this pattern recently also. I hope to have good results as well.
Penny Carlson said... (7/6/06 4:20 PM) Reply
She wears a 1 or a 2, I believe. She has a nice slim waist and a curvy bottom and hips. I totally basted them together before sewing them...but I was totally flabbergasted when no adjustment of any kind was required. And they seem to be very flattering. Still working on getting a photo up.
dreamdesigner said... (7/6/06 12:14 PM) Reply
Just purchased this pattern. Would love to see a picture. What size RTW does she wear? Just trying to decide what size to make

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS