Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4788 (Maggy London Dress)

Reviewed by:Sharon M

About Sharon Mstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 8/3/02
Posted on:7/9/06 9:32 PM
Last Updated:7/9/06 9:35 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
Sheila457 said... (8/9/08 3:23 PM) Reply
Great muslim and thanks for ther review I'm in the processing of making that dress and will go with your suggestion about cutting the back on the fold.
cactusflower said... (1/7/08 4:44 PM) Reply
Good job! I have this pattern and am planning to make it soon. Thanks for sharing your experiences! Hope the second try works out for you...
Jenny A said... (4/1/07 6:10 AM) Reply
Great review, I have this pattern and you hve inspired me to get it made up.
Sharon M said... (3/31/07 2:30 PM) Reply
Sherril - I haven't remade it in "real" fabric yet...although I do have the fabric set aside with the pattern. Last summer slipped by and its just now beginning to warm up here, which means I'm just now beginning to think of spring/summer sewing.
Sherril Miller said... (3/30/07 5:31 PM) Reply
Did you get the dress made in a "real" fabric yet? I'm getting ready to make it and I was wanting to hear about your final tweeks.
AnneM said... (8/25/06 2:00 PM) Reply
Very cute style that works well for you. Throw a little fabric paint at it .... ;)
KitnRose said... (8/10/06 11:36 PM) Reply
Oh, I have SO done that - specifically I cut out THREE front right bodice pieces for a wrap dress. I'm glad this happened on your unwearable muslin, not on the real thing! It does look like a great style on you. Thanks for the review!
Elemenopeo said... (7/10/06 3:59 PM) Reply
Do make it again - looks great on you.
Neefer said... (7/10/06 3:26 PM) Reply
I've done the same thing. upside down cutting only I used a solid fabric that was the same color on both sides. The knit pattern is different (knit vs purl), but you can't tell up close. I tried to put the piece in backwards, too. That was very frustrating. Your dress looks fantastic. Maybe you could tell people you really wanted to emphasis your left boob? haha not. I'm sorry it didn't work out.
nicegirl said... (7/10/06 12:47 PM) Reply
Be sure to show us your wearable version--the muslin is very cute.
cathy45 said... (7/10/06 11:52 AM) Reply
Love the drape on this dress. Very flattering. Can't wait to see the "real" version.
carolynw said... (7/10/06 8:45 AM) Reply
Looks good - hey - with what I am seeing out and about in RTW the different bodice pieces could be your fashion statement - it may take off as it seems anything goes! Nice helpful review with LOL!!
mrspenguin said... (7/9/06 11:25 PM) Reply
LOL about deliberately cutting the bodice upside down. Really, you could just start this new fashion trend. Seems just about anything goes in RTW these days!
lmg said... (7/9/06 10:59 PM) Reply
Lovely. I agree about the dress hugging the waist and the fullness of the skirt. Very flattering.
Mary Stiefer said... (7/9/06 10:53 PM) Reply
Cute muslim. Glad you like the pattern and am looking forward to seeing your next version.

BurdaStyle Magazine 11-2012-136b