Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1209 (Monaco Shell)

Reviewed by:fuzzygalore

About fuzzygalorestar
Member since: 1/16/05
Posted on:7/10/06 12:17 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Other Projects by fuzzygalore using this Pattern

AnneM said... (8/25/06 3:23 PM) Reply
Interesting alterations. Nice looking top. Cute dressform.
fuzzygalore said... (7/11/06 12:37 PM) Reply
Carla, it's not that the neck is deeper, it's that the -angle- of it is different. Because I brought in the shoulders (the part where they started to meet was beyond my shoulder line..), but didn't change the front seam length, the angle is deeper. I agree with you, I'm bringing it up at least an inch on the next rev because I prefer the higher angle. But it's not unwearable by any means, or not the worst fault of this onionskin-cursed rev :-).

And blue mooney, I just left the bottom part the way it was, and pivoted around the bust point, closing each dart in turn. It looks like the whole top part is leaning over my shoulder, quite unnerving, but once you pleat it all's back the way it should be. I didn't do this with some polka-dot fabric I intended though, because clearly the grainline is very different top to bottom.

And yes, meet La Mujer Pantera :-). It's just a slipcover, so to speak, some poly/lycra blend whose only fitting is in the shoulders. Makes it a bit easier on the eyes, since it does take up a lot of room no matter where you put it...

blue mooney said... (7/11/06 10:25 AM) Reply
Very cute, and I love your leopard-skin dressform! I couldn't tell from the photo how you moved the darts to the center - can you explain?
CSM--Carla said... (7/11/06 9:35 AM) Reply
Cute top Fuzzygalore--I noticed that your neckline is much lower than the pattern. Is that due to the changes you made in the darts etc did you change the neckline? I like the deeper V better. Thanks. Carla
licarritc said... (7/10/06 4:25 PM) Reply
I've avoided this too for the same reasons, now I've got no excuse.
Tiner W said... (7/10/06 12:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I love your sewing--you have great taste!