Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4444 (Laura Ashley Easy Sundress)

Reviewed by:jnamcd

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
KateRose89 said... (2/15/08 5:41 PM) Reply
-(`v)- Fabulous!
Celeste said... (7/11/06 4:36 PM) Reply
It looks sen-sa-tional!! The next time you make it maybe use 3/8" seams and the same cut will give you just a little more room in the middle--but it is really a beautiful dress!!
Karen6790 said... (7/11/06 11:14 AM) Reply
It looks great on you. I just cut this out and can't wait to get started. There are so many pretty versions of this dress on PR - can't wait to add mine!
Em's Summer said... (7/11/06 1:27 AM) Reply
Lovely dress--it's just perfect for Summer and I especially love the purple border! Great review!
Evatgirl73 said... (7/11/06 0:25 AM) Reply
Very very cute!! And timely for me as I *just* made a muslin for this pattern because I have a cute retro border print I want to make it in!! :-) The bodice fits you so much better than mine did though, I had to fiddle with mine a LOT...
Vonnevo said... (7/10/06 9:56 PM) Reply
Beautiful. I like all versions of this dress. I might just have to order it from the USA as L Ashley MCCall patterns, aren't available here in Oz.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (7/10/06 6:39 PM) Reply
It's a beautiful dress and you look terrific in it!
Heatherrique said... (7/10/06 6:25 PM) Reply
Still gorgeous on you!
Mary Stiefer said... (7/10/06 6:08 PM) Reply
This is a very cute dress and I'm sure you will enjoy it this summer.
sewbehind said... (7/10/06 6:02 PM) Reply
Lovely dress and I really like the back view. I have a little secret weapon for dresses such as these. There are some really nice "fairly comfortable" knit foundation garment pieces. I personally wear the Spanx products but I know there are others. It does make a difference.
Pinkytoo said... (7/10/06 5:54 PM) Reply
It might be that having to change the grain for the border print has made the stretch in the wrong direction. I love border prints too but I find that they have a tendency to not work with some patterns because of the switch in the grain. Looks great though and you did a beautiful job!
Lynngray said... (7/10/06 5:51 PM) Reply
I really like your Dress, also lovely fabric Back is great also
jnamcd said... (7/10/06 5:45 PM) Reply
ccris--yes, I agree, that's why I've always said it is just a tad too snug--my panty line does show --but I might take your suggestion on a lower bikini panty ( I don't have a lot of those--but a few!) --And if that doesn't work, I might just be able to take out a little of the seams--I think they are pinked on the inside, but still around 1/2 inch or so. And since there are many panels that make up the dress, there are a lot of seams that I can take out just a little! Thanks!
ccris said... (7/10/06 5:32 PM) Reply
Cute dress. Front styling is very retro looking. It made up well with the border print, too. The only thing I see wrong is the panty waistline line..............it shows through. Maybe a really low slung bikini panty, or could you possibly let out the seams a little in that area? It's a darling dress. Nice job.
PattyU said... (7/10/06 5:20 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress. It looks great.
Lori V said... (7/10/06 5:19 PM) Reply
Very cute dress, I just made this for my 16 yo dd and love it, too. I think the back straps are so unique.

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

JSM-Pant 1