Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Female - Magazine> Dec 2004 (Skirt)

Reviewed by:minieme

About miniemestar
NA AUSTRALIA
Member since: 2/29/04
Posted on:7/14/06 8:33 PM

AnneM said... (10/4/06 4:42 PM) Reply
Cute skirt. It has a very nice slow. It would be neat to see this magazine (I would also be on the upper edge of the range with my hips).
hongkongshopper said... (7/15/06 8:06 PM) Reply
Love the skirt and all the photos Minieme. As I was reading I thought, it is very similar to a Burda WOF one!
JDpenelope said... (7/15/06 5:12 PM) Reply
Beautiful drape on this skirt. It must be very comfortable and fun to wear. Interesting pattern.
Kelly D. said... (7/15/06 12:33 PM) Reply
I had a couple of similar skirts in the 70's and loved them, especially the way they moved when I walked, and how easy they were to sew. This one looks great on you!
Vonnevo said... (7/15/06 4:13 AM) Reply
Lovely Minieme! I loved this skirt when I saw it in reality on the day of our fabshophop..the fabric choice makes it extra special. Edited to add : I have made McCall 4161 which is very similar, just one piece and it is one of my favourite skirts. There are eight (8) on ebay USA ranging in size from 4 to 18 and two (2) on ebay Aust, for anyone interested in this style.
RuthieSews said... (7/15/06 3:32 AM) Reply
Great skirt, I've been saving a pattern from the UK magazine 'Prima' which has a very similar style. I tried some on in the shops here in this same style but to go round my hips they were all far too large on the waist, I suppose if I make my own I can taper each panel at the waist so it would fit better.
brrmm said... (7/15/06 3:01 AM) Reply
When I saw this skirt in real life at Minieme's house I loved it, even though it wasn't finished then. Looks great girl! Guess your assistant is a great help too.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (7/15/06 0:04 AM) Reply
Great skirt. What a cool magazine.
Seaspur said... (7/14/06 11:28 PM) Reply
What a great skirt. I'm going to take a look at the BWOF one now.
bunz said... (7/14/06 11:04 PM) Reply
ooooooooh, nice swish factor! Thanks for pointing out the Burda pattern, too.
ACB said... (7/14/06 10:30 PM) Reply
Very nice!
minieme said... (7/14/06 9:08 PM) Reply
Yes Sue, I usually make size 12 in the big 4, it just fits me because of the stretch in the fabric. I also used the longer length.
drsue said... (7/14/06 9:04 PM) Reply
Very cute! so the largest size is a 12???

by: acmena