Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 4000 (Swing Dress)

Reviewed by:beth5646

About beth5646star
OK USA
Member since: 2/8/05
Posted on:7/18/06 10:14 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Rebecca66 said... (7/19/13 7:07 PM) Reply
Your photo links are taking me to your bra sew along photos with Amy from cloth habit earlier this year. Others seem to have been able to see your dress, which I can't. Maybe the link has been corrupted in some way?
RuthBR said... (12/2/06 6:47 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for your encouragement. I have the pattern and fabric, but was also put off by the line drawing. It's a must try!
AnneM said... (10/10/06 1:44 PM) Reply
Catching up on some reviews: The line drawing has always scared me off from this pattern; the propotions don't look right (like I'd end up with a 70's mini dress). Your dress looks very nice, and is encouraging to see. Great pattern for an interesting fabric. And I have this stretch velvet...
Jane S said... (7/19/06 12:46 PM) Reply
Bravo to you for persisting with this pattern. I bought it a few years ago, before I bought the proper bra size...34D not 36B...and never got it to look good...duh! I like Peggy's patterns but even with the cup sizing, I still have to do those darned alterations to make them look good. But they're unique and disctictive and flattering when done, just like your finished dress.
JDpenelope said... (7/19/06 5:33 AM) Reply
Your printed slinky version of this swing dress is beautiful. I've used this pattern to make a swing slinky tunic, by cutting it shorter and leaving off the sleeves. My husband loves the swing. I agree that this is a good pattern and also that for a dress, you'd need to add some length.
Danvillegirl said... (7/19/06 5:21 AM) Reply
Pretty dress!
PixieCat said... (7/19/06 5:03 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! I love the fabric.
Schnauzer said... (7/18/06 9:29 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous dress!
Mary Stiefer said... (7/18/06 9:04 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress and great looking fabric. Thanks to you and Irene for the tips on this one.
wvsher said... (7/18/06 10:49 AM) Reply
Lovely dress; great job on it.
SarahWeb said... (7/18/06 10:27 AM) Reply
Your fabric is gorgeous. I'll bet this dress looks very elegant on.

Kwik Sew 3343