Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4385 (Sew News Jean Jackets)

Reviewed by:OP Gal

Last Updated:12/5/07 9:00 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

Heatherrique said... (12/8/07 2:30 PM) Reply
Fantastic color on you! Groovy jacket!
Annette1 said... (12/8/07 1:45 AM) Reply
Ooo, I love both of your jackets. I may have to pick up this pattern (if I can CRAM it in the sewing room, that is).
Peggy L said... (12/7/07 7:59 AM) Reply
Love this new one - it looks great on you.
Vintage Joan said... (12/6/07 10:35 AM) Reply
This looks great -- you look great! :)
gatorgirl4325 said... (12/6/07 9:47 AM) Reply
Love that color on you - your jacket turned out great!
Marita Kinnula said... (12/6/07 8:50 AM) Reply
I'm so glad that people find these reviews that are a bit older, sometimes one just haven't got time to go thru every single new one, every single day. I like this one better prolly because of the color, it looks very nice on you, we apples have quite a restricted sortment of styles that look good on us so it's good when some nicely fitting patterns find their way to our collections. I've cut one for myself from Patrones but have I had time to make it? no, there's always something to be done for DD and don't get me wrong I'm not complaining:-) Marita
cecelia said... (12/6/07 8:31 AM) Reply
Both jackets are very pretty. I think McCalls has good jean jacket patterns--at least they've worked for me too. They are very flattering!
Carolyndh said... (12/6/07 6:26 AM) Reply
Very nice combination with your Loes Hinse cowl top! Love it! You look great!
pterion said... (12/6/07 0:01 AM) Reply
I missed this review the first time around. Love both jackets but especially this latest - the red looks great on you!
carolynw said... (12/5/07 9:48 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket - have the pattern and it is a TNT for me and am sure it is going to be for you too. Also love the cowl neck top - must get that pattern!! My sleeves were too long so I eventually (after a lot of thinking plus much griping to myself) took them out and re-cut - not a nice job but worth it in the long run
Sherril Miller said... (9/29/06 3:02 AM) Reply
I missed this review the first time. I just went through your album and this was my favorite. Thanks for the review.
artist1lisa said... (7/21/06 11:36 PM) Reply
Very pretty.Thanks for the info on the fit for plus sizes(me,me).I'm alway searching for the next jacket.
ryan's mom said... (7/20/06 8:25 AM) Reply
Great jacket and I love that fabric! LOL--I thought it was a Betty Crocker pic :) .
OP Gal said... (7/20/06 7:45 AM) Reply
Cathy45: I don't know how home dec fabric would work for a tailored fit item. I guess I'm not sure what you mean by tailored fit. If you were doing real tailoring, I think you'd need to be sure it could be molded and shaped with steam. Most home dec fabrics, other than upholstery fabrics, are synthetics or cotton, which I'm not sure would tailor well. There's a wonderful article in a Threads magazine about using home dec for garments (my inspiration). Can't remember which one, but the online index would tell you.
blue mooney said... (7/19/06 9:43 AM) Reply
Very pretty jacket. I love the fabric you chose. I also looked at your other photos - nice work! And your shashiko (sp?) jacket is TDF.
cathy45 said... (7/19/06 8:42 AM) Reply
Your jacket is lovely. Great review. I was wondering about the home dec fabrics for a tailored fit item.
OP Gal said... (7/19/06 8:37 AM) Reply
Ronda65: No, the fabric isn't itchy. It's sort of like a light weight canvas. It's 100 percent cotton.
OP Gal said... (7/19/06 8:34 AM) Reply
Mary Steifer: I don't think it's the Coca Cola girl. In the larger version of this picture, she's wearing an apron and writing a grocery list. (A familiar pose in my life, I might add.)
Ronda Rae said... (7/19/06 6:49 AM) Reply
Nice work. I have this pattern in my 'to do' pile. Thanks for the review. Is the home dec fabric itchy at all? I was looking at some for this jacket, but just wasn't sure. My neck tends to be sensitive sometimes.
bunz said... (7/18/06 10:27 PM) Reply
Great-looking jacket!
MelissaB in WA said... (7/18/06 10:05 PM) Reply
Thank you for posting your review! I'm glad it went together so easy for you and you're pleased with the results. That pattern is sitting in my "to do" pile along with a cute home dec print from Joanns. I need to get motivated to work on it, thanks for the inspiration - enjoy your new jacket!!! :-)
Mary Stiefer said... (7/18/06 9:14 PM) Reply
This looks really cute. Love your profile pic - isn't that the Coca-cola girl????

ModKid Patterns Melanie Knit Dress