Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07/2006 (#118 Asymmetrical gored skirt)

Reviewed by:Katharine in BXL

About Katharine in BXLstar
Belgium
Member since: 8/1/03
Posted on:7/20/06 3:37 PM
Last Updated:7/22/06 12:40 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
SandraB said... (7/31/06 10:01 PM) Reply
Very nice Katharine. I think I will try this one.
els said... (7/24/06 7:41 PM) Reply
Funky skirt and it suits you perfect.
Marita Kinnula said... (7/24/06 0:10 AM) Reply
Katharine, I'm so glad you made this skirt, it's one of the few good patterns in that issue of BWOF, it looks soo nice and I love that color, thanks!!!:-) Marita
Katharine in BXL said... (7/23/06 7:30 AM) Reply
Seaspur, you should try this again in another fabric. It's really a nice skirt and you're all set with tracing & fitting. Kristine, for the skirt hem, you can trim off the excess by leveling from the ground but I'm too chicken with scissors to try that; besides it shows the design detail off. Penny, only ppl of retired age ride bicycles and very rarely in knee-length skirts. The NL probably has the biggest bike culture in the world, and it's my main mode of transpo. In a knee-length skirt I have to hike it up a lot to pedal, and the car passengers are at the same height of the saddle, so... IMG, I'm short and it works on me. It's fun to try a new length. Think about it!
beangirl said... (7/22/06 11:23 PM) Reply
Really pretty! I think you're right about the size of the godet, although this looks nice. I wouldn't have guessed from the magazine that it dipped so far, so I'm keeping it in mind for future. I can't wait to see this in a fall plaid!!! Very cool!
lmg said... (7/22/06 7:08 PM) Reply
Beauriful. I think I might be too short for this skirt. Darn.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (7/22/06 5:56 PM) Reply
Gorgeous outcome, Katharine! You always find and use such cool fabric!
AliceB said... (7/22/06 5:41 PM) Reply
Loverly skirt, I will see if DD wants one. I am too short and way tooooo wide and have completely lost the desire to wear a skirt. :)
JDpenelope said... (7/22/06 3:41 PM) Reply
That color is so rich. This is quite stylish and should be modest, too, for bicycling.
appleC said... (7/22/06 1:48 PM) Reply
Your skirt was so beautifully made! Love the fabric and color too.
touran said... (7/22/06 1:44 PM) Reply
Very pretty skirt. I imagine that's a gorgeous color on you.
Seaspur said... (7/22/06 1:29 PM) Reply
Yours looks much better than mine because of the fabric. Nice skirt!
JDpenelope said... (7/21/06 7:25 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I'll try not to shout out "Where's the pics?" :-) You make a good point about the bias seams -- I'm just gleaning all of this information myself. One question regarding modest bicycle riding -- Are folks in the Low Countries more modest than Far Easterners? Or just colder...?
Vonnevo said... (7/21/06 2:28 AM) Reply
Katharine, I'm looking forward to seeing the photos, your skirt sounds lovely. It will be just the thing for cycling.
martinanne said... (7/21/06 2:07 AM) Reply
Thanks for the suggestion of interfacing the zipper area. I was thinking about making this skirt.
minieme said... (7/20/06 6:25 PM) Reply
Thanks for doing the review, I am planning to attempt this pattern at some stage. Thanks for the heads up on the godet bit and the zipper.

Violette Field Threads Stella