Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2752 (Guy Laroche)

Reviewed by:maryfrana

About maryfranastarstar
Member since: 3/20/04
Posted on:7/21/06 8:49 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
cathy45 said... (7/22/06 10:46 PM) Reply
So elegant yet with a trendy edge. Absolutely stunning.
Elemenopeo said... (7/22/06 5:54 PM) Reply
What a great jacket - it is such a perfect marriage of style and fabric.
Harriet Rogers said... (7/22/06 4:43 PM) Reply
This is absolutely stunning. Beautiful choice of colors: it screams "creative", There will be lots of compliments coming your way whenever you wear this.
maryfrana said... (7/22/06 12:03 PM) Reply
Oh I AM blushing! Many thanks for the very kind words. Debra H, yes I do wear it open. Actually it flaps itself closed while wearing it, but also flaps open. I like the look and it makes it a little more carefree than the buttoned up version.
Patti B said... (7/22/06 10:46 AM) Reply
What a lovely jacket! I have this pattern and have been waiting for my sewing skills to catch up to my desires; maybe it's time to give it a try. Any chance of a photo of the jacket AND pants on you?
Modiste Madness said... (7/22/06 10:21 AM) Reply
I love it! I think they should have your version in Vogue. It looks much better.
Luckylibbet said... (7/22/06 9:25 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Love your fabric choices.
ryan's mom said... (7/22/06 8:57 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket!
Riordan said... (7/22/06 8:48 AM) Reply
How beautiful!! The fabrics are lovely, and the quilting is precise!!!! Extraordinary!
Danvillegirl said... (7/22/06 7:10 AM) Reply
Gorgeous fabric, really beautiful jacket.
patsijean said... (7/22/06 1:03 AM) Reply
Oh, my. This jacket is just beautiful. The Vogue Patterns Magazine features this jacket in the April/May 2005 issue. They recommend that you cut the sections you are quilting 3" bigger all around and then cut it to size after quilting, because of the shrinkage factor. Ask me how I know this is good advise for any quilted garment.... The jacket is stunning.
Em's Summer said... (7/22/06 0:24 AM) Reply
WOW! This is tres elegante! I love this! You did a wonderful job, especially on the quilting. The stitches look so perfect and symmetrical, and they give your jacket a really nice flair! Thanks for this great review!
AliceB said... (7/21/06 10:08 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful project!! I want more pictures to savor. :)
Debra H said... (7/21/06 9:18 PM) Reply
I had made this more than a year ago and I love your version even more. I would not necessarily have recognized it unbuttoned. Do you wear it that way?
Jennifer shaw said... (7/21/06 9:09 PM) Reply
This is soo stunning!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful success with this !!
CarolynGM said... (7/21/06 9:08 PM) Reply
Gorgeous, creative interpretation of this pattern.
Sharon M said... (7/21/06 9:04 PM) Reply
Lovely! Fabulous choice of fabrics.
popoagiesmiles said... (7/21/06 9:02 PM) Reply
Really nice interpretation of this pattern. Threads had an article showing three interpretations of this pattern a few years ago. They did some simple design changes to give different looks to the jacket and paired the jacket with different bottoms.
GorgeousFabrics said... (7/21/06 8:54 PM) Reply
Gorgeous, fabulous and marvelous! Typically I don't do quilting, but yours is inspiring. -Ann

Sewing Workshop Eureka Top & Skirt