Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8488 (Wide leg pant)

Viewed 2060 times
Reviewed by:Katharine in BXL

About Katharine in BXLstar
Belgium
Member since: 8/1/03
Posted on:7/22/06 4:41 AM
Last Updated:7/23/06 12:10 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Hellga said... (4/26/08 1:01 AM) Reply
do you have the pictures still? yahoo photos has shut down, so the photos are all unavailable :-(
MelissaB in WA said... (8/13/06 6:26 PM) Reply
Love the pants, they look so fabulous on you! Pretty color too! Glad they keep you nice and cool! :-)
els said... (7/24/06 7:40 PM) Reply
A great pants style for you, they look real comfortable for this hot weather.
Vibek said... (7/24/06 4:38 AM) Reply
Re shot of pants 2. You look gorgeous. Nice to see your reviews again. I'm short, too, and have a lot more emergency rations stored on my body (don't trust those cupboards) - and fitted tops + wide legged pants are my uniform. High heels & lipstick at the office. Little cardigans over my fitted tops sometimes. Looks quite all right, I'm told. BTW envy you your Arnhem fabric marked.
drsue said... (7/23/06 10:19 PM) Reply
Great job!! I love pants like this too, and I'm even shorter than you are.
candyo said... (7/23/06 10:04 PM) Reply
Those are really nice looking! And it must be nice to be able to walk your dog at 2am- can't do that where I live!
Tini said... (7/23/06 3:57 PM) Reply
stunning and no, you are not fluffy... just normal :)
Ronda Rae said... (7/23/06 2:16 PM) Reply
These look marvelous on you! Bravo for such a wonderful fit. I'm not sure how they would look on me, but you are an inspiration!
blue mooney said... (7/23/06 1:23 PM) Reply
excellent! Thanks for the review.
Seaspur said... (7/23/06 1:13 PM) Reply
Fabulous pants! I'm always amazed at how great Burda pants fit so many different body types. How do they do that?
Katharine in BXL said... (7/23/06 12:31 PM) Reply
Ardis, it's all in the view. I'm SoVeryShort. Ann, you were my inspiration for the top. Kelly, thanks!
Stilltheone said... (7/23/06 11:16 AM) Reply
Those look great on you. Great review. Love the top, too.
GorgeousFabrics said... (7/23/06 10:07 AM) Reply
Oh Katharine, I love these pants on you. And your twist top looks faboolious! -Ann
SewVeryTall said... (7/23/06 9:11 AM) Reply
Katharine, what great pants! I wondered if these would be cooler to wear...thanks for answering that. It's amazing...from the photo, you look tall [must be the heels with the wide leg pants?]. These look wonderful on you :)
Katharine in BXL said... (7/23/06 7:40 AM) Reply
Thank you everyone! These are wonderful for summer. You should try them :)
PixieCat said... (7/23/06 6:14 AM) Reply
Your pants look great! Such a nice fit.
Leslie in Austin said... (7/22/06 7:59 PM) Reply
Ooooo....I love these!
Erica B. said... (7/22/06 3:10 PM) Reply
I love wide leg pants, they are very flattering especially if you have wide hips and thick thighs as I do. They can be quite flattering on ladies under 5'5" especially if worn with a high heel and the pants cover the heel. Fabulous job!
Elona said... (7/22/06 1:41 PM) Reply
Thank you, thank you, Katherine! They look terrific on you, even though you are not a tall person. That really encourages me to give this style a try. That, plus the fact that you like the cut for hot, muggy weather.
lmg said... (7/22/06 12:41 PM) Reply
Very nice. I always wanted to see how these types of pants look on shorter people. Tres chic.
Katharine in BXL said... (7/22/06 12:31 PM) Reply
Bunz, these aren't fitted in the leg & they fall straight from the derriere to the floor, so there aren't many fitting issues. Thx Libbet for the support--my fingers are crossed (twice) that my stuff comes unscathed from the post! Ann, thanks for the inspiration for the top :) And Elona, you bring up a good point on height, so I took pics with you in mind so you'd know how they look on the "total"person. HTH!
Elona said... (7/22/06 10:49 AM) Reply
Are you tall, Katherine? I mean, I'm wondering how these wide legs would look on a person under 5" 5".
GorgeousFabrics said... (7/22/06 9:18 AM) Reply
Oh these sound lovely! I can't wait to see a picture. -Ann
Luckylibbet said... (7/22/06 9:16 AM) Reply
What a great price for the fabric! The pants sound lovely, looking forward to a photo. Hope all your things arrive safely from overseas.
Vonnevo said... (7/22/06 6:53 AM) Reply
Katharine, these sound lovely. Looking forward to seeing a photo :)
bunz said... (7/22/06 5:14 AM) Reply
They fit you right out of the pkg!! I'm green w envy. I also think I need these. Thanks for your recent excellent reviews.

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2007-105