Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3846 (Vintage smocked dress OOP)

Reviewed by:Amy Elizabeth

Last Updated:8/1/06 11:30 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts

JeanetteE said... (7/28/06 10:53 AM) Reply
Adorable dress & sweet baby sis. Keep up the good work!
MamaSewing said... (7/27/06 8:05 PM) Reply
What a darling little beauty....oh, and the dress is lovely as well! Keep up the good work daughter!......ApplePieDAD
Georgene said... (7/26/06 5:11 PM) Reply
Nice work - a labor of love - that baby sister will come to treasure. Keep up the good work and keep posting here on PR -love to see what you are up to.
Amy Elizabeth said... (7/26/06 4:39 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for all your nice comments! I think that smocking is really making a comeback in the stores, and I'm so glad!
Peggy L said... (7/26/06 1:50 PM) Reply
Darling little dress!! You did a great job. If you enjoyed the smocking, most smocking shops will pleat your rows for you. No more dots!!! I used to love to smock for my kids.
MamaSewing said... (7/26/06 11:10 AM) Reply
Maime-as you know your sister loved the dress, it is so nice. Thank you for making it for her and being such a great big sister. Congratulations on your first review!
Monica G said... (7/26/06 1:04 AM) Reply
what a beautiful dress for your sister. she is a lucky girl
CarolynGM said... (7/25/06 8:36 PM) Reply
What a precious little dress! Your baby sister looks like she's having a lot of fun wearing it too.
brrmm said... (7/25/06 8:03 PM) Reply
What beautiful work! Fantastic job. So glad to see smocking being passed down to young folk, keep it up. My 2 little daughters often receive smocked dresses from their Nanna. I will always keep these treasures for their own daughters one day (hopefully).
Elona said... (7/25/06 7:24 PM) Reply
Awwww, too cute! How nice of you to make it for ds, too. Years ago, I found a similar old pattern, and, amazingly, the transfer still worked (good thing, too, because the dress had a full yoke treatment!). I was surprised at how easy the smocking was, with the transfer thus supplied.
AliceB said... (7/25/06 7:07 PM) Reply
Absolutely lovely dress and little girl too. My grandmother use to make us little smocked dresses, I remember younger sisters smocks. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. :)
Riordan said... (7/25/06 7:02 PM) Reply
Precious little dress!! (And a darling little girl!) I used to make smocked dresses for my daughters when they were little. Your review and the photo were heartwarming! Thanks so much!
DJM said... (7/25/06 6:54 PM) Reply
Lovely, smocked dress. I always loved smocked dresses for my daughters; this brought back many happy memories. Keep up the good work!
Ronda Rae said... (7/25/06 6:49 PM) Reply
It's awesome. I wish I could do this!
sewbehind said... (7/25/06 5:57 PM) Reply
Well done. A labour of love, for sure.
Elemenopeo said... (7/25/06 5:52 PM) Reply
What a cute dress. That baby is lucky to have both sister and mom sewing her adorable clothes.

Understanding Interfacings