Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 4000 (Swing Dress)

Reviewed by:Patti in MO

About Patti in MO
Member since: 6/4/06
Posted on:7/25/06 7:06 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
AnneM said... (1/25/07 5:58 AM) Reply
I've often wondered about the length of this pattern. This does seem like a nice "wardrobe builder" type pattern.
RuthBR said... (12/2/06 6:41 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I've had this pattern and fabric for over a year. I'm so glad to see your comments. I'll definately be aware of them when I make it. Maybe after the holidays. I'll let you know how I make out.
Lin T said... (7/27/06 9:07 AM) Reply
I have attended Peggy Sager’s seminars at the Novi Expo. and have spoken with her at length about patterns and fit. She is very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. After reading the reviews on her 4000 dress, I sent her an e-mail saying she might want to check out the reviews. The next day I received the following reply: “Lin, thanks for sending me the review. I am a big believer in supporting my product in all ways. I do not read reviews, they are subjective and the level of the sewer is not known. I did not read it and generally don't feel it appropriate to do so. If they are questions, I always wish the women would contact me with questions. I can never understand if this service is available, why women would not use it. But all I can do is offer help and they have to decide to take me up on it. When making that particular dress, it is a knit and there are several factors that go into making a knit dress that change each time you make the dress because of the fact the fabric changes. It is not like a woven and so variables have to be considered. But anyway, thanks for letting me know and I hope it was a positive review, this is a great little dress. Later, Peggy” Contacting Peggy may be helpful if you plan to make the dress again. Thanks for your review, Lin
Irene Q said... (7/26/06 10:02 AM) Reply
I found that the dress was too short in front, too - I'm pretty sure it's a drafting error in the pattern. A muslin is required for this pattern! Thanks for the informative review.
carolynw said... (7/26/06 9:45 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review - can we see a picture of your finished dress?
JDpenelope said... (7/26/06 9:08 AM) Reply
Congrats on your first review. Not sure why this pattern is so short -- everyone says to add length -- Maybe it "swings" better. I made the pattern as a sleeveless tunic (shortened a bit) in slinky -- My husband loves the swing! I would definitely make it longer for a dress.
CSM--Carla said... (7/25/06 8:47 PM) Reply
PattI in MO, Thanks for reviewing this dress--and welcome to PR! I have been attracted to the pattern because of the shape of the hem--nice movement with slinky! Would love to see your garment! Carla

Oliver + S Cozy Winter Hood