Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 175 (Valerie's Top)

Reviewed by:MB at YarnUiPhoneApp

Review Rating: Helpful by 10 people    Very Helpful by 19 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Lee Ann Hawkins said... (10/29/08 0:56 AM) Reply
The Valerie is Valentino, according to Peggy. This was her interpretation of a Valentino top. It looks great on you, BTW!
cecelia said... (5/17/08 12:19 PM) Reply
This looks beautiful on you--I was wondering about the collar on this pattern--it is so unusual.
Jacqui315 said... (5/14/08 9:59 AM) Reply
I just love the look of this top! I just ordered it. Thanks for updating so I could catch this review.
Mahogany Stylist said... (5/13/08 1:34 PM) Reply
Love the neckline.
nellc said... (5/13/08 7:54 AM) Reply
The collar on this top is amazing, it was definately worth persevering with this one it looks lovely.
Tarrbaby said... (11/29/06 10:32 AM) Reply
Just clicked on this site and have a comment besides the fact that your top is stunning. Peggy Sagers names her patterns after real people, sometimes people who help her test her patterns. Also most of her patterns are high end designer styles that she "re-interprets". You might want to reduce/eliminate the dart to accomodate the A cup. The more darting the more shaping. However I think the top in the picture looks fabulous.
tinac said... (8/8/06 12:30 PM) Reply
I saw this top on someone at the ASG Convention: done in a slinky with no sleeves...beautiful. they said it works great in a sweater knit as well. the neckline is not as low as the picture
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (7/27/06 5:27 PM) Reply
To answer your questions, all, I used a lavender slinky knit, and no, the collar isn't that low-cut. I'll get another pic sometime and upload it for more accurate look at the neckline.
Em's Summer said... (7/27/06 7:02 AM) Reply
It required a lot of fabric, but well worth it! What a cute top and fun collar! Great review!
Danvillegirl said... (7/27/06 5:29 AM) Reply
Nice top. I don't think I have paid attention to this one. I have not had great success with this line of patterns but do like the looks. I think your top looks good on you.
dreamdesigner said... (7/27/06 2:44 AM) Reply
That is sooooo cute! I sooooo miss Vogue Fabrics!
patsijean said... (7/27/06 1:35 AM) Reply
This top is striking with that collar, even if it nearly did you in. I'm glad you kept at it.
gaz-mom said... (7/27/06 0:21 AM) Reply
wow--that's gorgeous! Your version doesn't look as low-cut as the model's--is that an accurate perception, or is it just the angle of the photo?
Doris W. in TN said... (7/26/06 6:59 PM) Reply
I love the way your top looks. I have this pattern (bought it for the collar) but have hesitated, because the envelope's photo looks like the top was spray painted on. That would be very scary on me. I like your version. I'll be sure to cut a size larger. :-)
AliceB said... (7/26/06 4:55 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful project, thanks for your review. A cups of America unite to let the pattern companies know they are neglecting us. Would it be so hard for them to throw an A draft in with all those BCDs.
Erica B. said... (7/26/06 4:24 PM) Reply
Great looking top. I have this problem when I sew for my daughter.
CSM--Carla said... (7/26/06 3:29 PM) Reply
Beautiful!!! And great color. Thanks for callilng this to my attention. And for the warning about the collar needing so much fabric. I can get a sheath dress out of 1 yard!! Gorgeous though--show stopper! Carla
Levone said... (7/26/06 2:44 PM) Reply
Pretty top!
els said... (7/26/06 2:13 PM) Reply
Wow, great neckline.
Elemenopeo said... (7/26/06 1:53 PM) Reply
Very pretty - thanks for all the details.
Mermie said... (7/26/06 11:27 AM) Reply
Love your top. It looks great on you!
VtMartha said... (7/26/06 11:07 AM) Reply
I have a RTW top like this and love it. I'd been wondering how to create the 'collar'. Thanks! Your top is beautiful!
drsue said... (7/26/06 10:40 AM) Reply
Nice top!! I hadn't seen this pattern but had seen some similar tops in RTW and wondered how to duplicate. Now I know!
Tiner W said... (7/26/06 10:19 AM) Reply
It's just adorable!
OP Gal said... (7/26/06 9:47 AM) Reply
Great looking top. I don't think it looks too big, just not as body-hugging as the pattern picture. Only you will know the difference. I think Palmer/Pletsch's Fit for Real People describes how to make a small bust adjustment.
carolynw said... (7/26/06 9:33 AM) Reply
Nice top! share your concern being also an A cup bust size. Thanks Cheryl for the heads up re small bust adjustment class - may get into that.
kmouse said... (7/26/06 9:24 AM) Reply
I think your top is lovely as is but I share your dilema over small bust adjustments. I have registered for the "Adjusting Bust Area" class that is to start Aug 15. It's a lovely color on you, by the way! What type of fabric did you use?

DRESS LINES - A CD Book by Kenneth King