Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8090 (Lapped Jacket or Top)

Reviewed by:Austen

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Larkin said... (8/6/11 11:44 AM) Reply
What a great way to stretch your stash - I love this top! I'm getting ready to start on this pattern and never would have thought about the way you did that! I'm encouraged and inspired. Thank-you!
Luckie Kay Locke said... (8/23/07 2:47 PM) Reply
just back to print your review to include in pattern envelope.thanks luckie
Luckie Kay Locke said... (8/23/07 2:13 PM) Reply
I am looking forward to making this up. I've been collecting 1yd pieces to mix .thanks for the in put.
Luckie Kay Locke said... (7/11/07 6:06 PM) Reply
Got the pattern thanks fo the encouragement to make it up and use some of my stash. I wish you would have shared the amounts of fabric used. thank you lkl
Larkin said... (2/24/07 0:52 AM) Reply
I just picked up this pattern at an enabler sale at Hancocks and am so pleased to read your review. I hope mine comes out as nicely - thanks for the tips about the seamline and the length!
AnneM said... (1/25/07 10:41 AM) Reply
Neat take on this pattern.
thujaplicata said... (11/2/06 7:22 PM) Reply
great jacket - want to try this with some of my stash fabric.
Lhan said... (7/30/06 1:35 AM) Reply
This is a lovely use of a great fabric. Pieced work can make such stunning products on very simple lines - so you get a designer garment with relatively little pain, as you did. And it is fun as well! Well chosen pattern - and thanks for the tip on placement of the seam. I look forward to the next great design. Any chance of a photo with you in it?
carolynw said... (7/28/06 6:20 PM) Reply
I have this pattern but your take on it is so different and smart that at first I wasn't sure what I was looking at. It is beautiful and so much more interesting than using just one colour which is what I did - sigh!! Guess I will have to re-think my strategy??
sewfan said... (7/28/06 3:01 PM) Reply
Very cute top. I like the fabric you used.
Annie- oh said... (7/28/06 2:39 PM) Reply
yes, great use of fabric(s) - and nice idea to make it a slipover. beangirl - ya gonna line it a la our current class?
beangirl said... (7/28/06 2:01 PM) Reply
This is so cute!! I dont' think I would have looked twice at this pattern but I love your version, it's so much nicer than the vogue images. I think I'll pick this one up after all.
OP Gal said... (7/28/06 1:42 PM) Reply
Great use of stash fabric and a beautiful garment. Always good to see good plus size patterns.
pterion said... (7/28/06 1:34 PM) Reply
ohh, I had my eye on this pattern! I like your interpretation - using different fabrics for the upper and lower portions is a great idea. Beautiful work!

Kayla Kennington 721