Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5003 (Cruise Pant)

Reviewed by:Mini

About Ministarstarstarstar
WI USA
Member since: 3/21/02
Posted on:12/22/01 3:59 PM
Last Updated:4/15/04 11:36 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

JeanetteE said... (4/18/04 0:26 AM) Reply
No Mini, say it isn't so! You will be greatly missed. I have learned so much from you & always eagerly read your reviews.
CatherineN said... (4/17/04 1:42 PM) Reply
Looking forward to your book. I know it will be full of useful information and well written!
MaryBeth said... (4/17/04 9:43 AM) Reply
Sew, Mini, this is your fond farwell? Good luck with your book and take good care. I've appreciated your posts in the past few years.
Mini said... (4/16/04 12:48 PM) Reply
Thanks, Susan. Actually, this is one of the first reviews I wrote way back when PR first started. (I just updated it a bit.) I should probablyjust delete the old ones that are out of date, but they may still have some useful sewing tips in them. I won't be posting on any more internet sewing sites or writing reviews any more, but I do have a book in progress. Maybe someday someone will review it here:). I hope that when (and if) it is ever finished I will be able to distribute free copies to all the sewing people who have encouraged me to write. Until then, happy sewing!
SewingSusan said... (4/15/04 6:37 PM) Reply
Boy, have I missed your reviews. I learn so much! Sorry the pants didn't work out for you.
Mary O said... (7/18/03 8:14 AM) Reply
Mini, I appreciate the time you take to give such thorough reviews of patterns. I need all the help I can get.
Everyday Sewist said... (4/6/03 3:20 PM) Reply
Mini, I totally agree with your suggestion to choose a smaller pattern size. I started doing this after having to take in the legs on the first 3-4 pants I made (even on Burda).
said... (8/16/02 2:58 PM) Reply
Deepika, I am sorry I missed your question. No, it has a different cut because the Elegant Pant is designed for knits only. It has a shorter rise and closer fit in the waist and hip. If you like a pants pattern, but don't like the crotch curve, it is easy to change it. I just trace the curve from a similar Burda style and tape it on to the other pattern because the Burda draft is my favorite.
said... (7/17/02 7:08 PM) Reply
It's nice to know that the more pricey patterns are not always worth the extra cost. Thanks for the honest review. I've often wondered why the need for $20 pull-on pant patterns or t-shirt patterns when there are so many less expensive alternatives.
said... (7/12/02 12:01 PM) Reply
What a helpful review Mini. I just read it! I was considering buying this pattern but I guess you are right. The same look can be achieved with The stretch and sew pull on pants as well. Only thing is that S&S crotch curve is too big for me, but I guess I could always alter it. Do you think this is like S&S Elegant pants?
said... (1/9/02 9:36 AM) Reply
Thanks for comparing with the S&S pattern, this is really useful information!
said... (12/26/01 12:31 PM) Reply
Thanks for being honest about the pattern's drawbacks. Sally

SewBaby Blankie Buddies Pattern