Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4082 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:Vonnevo

About Vonnevostarstarstarstar
Australia
Member since: 10/25/04
Posted on:8/1/06 6:45 AM
Last Updated:8/1/06 6:50 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 34 people

Athene said... (9/25/07 1:20 AM) Reply
Your jackets look lovely. Thank you for the very helpful reviews - I'm not a very good sewer and each of your reviews are like a very helpful sewing class to me.
AnneM said... (1/25/07 2:47 PM) Reply
That looks pretty nice for a windy winter day. Cute style, that looks like it would be adaptable to lots of different seasons & fabrics.
MelissaB in WA said... (8/23/06 1:15 PM) Reply
I missed this review Vonne, I love your jacket - gorgeous color and impeccable work!
MarilynB said... (8/19/06 8:53 PM) Reply
Your jackets set the gold standard. This is just beautiful.
Vonnevo said... (8/2/06 7:37 PM) Reply
Thank you everyone for your nice comments :) The photos on the pattern envelope don't show the full potential of this pattern. I chose it from the line drawings.
Pecan said... (8/2/06 6:00 PM) Reply
Lady, I ALWAYS love to read your reviews. Your attention to detail is just incredible and your garments always look so nice. Thanks for another great review.
Babs said... (8/2/06 3:49 PM) Reply
This is the best thing about patternreview.com! I would never have purchased this pattern based on the picture. But after seeing yours, I want to buy it this afternoon! Excellent job. You have done a wonderful job and it looks great on you. I know you will enjoy it!
Ann Rowley said... (8/2/06 2:25 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket. Nice to see all the inside construction details - the shaped interfacing at the lower curved corners is a clever solution to your problem.
artist1lisa said... (8/2/06 2:02 PM) Reply
It's totally adorable.Love the pleat in back.
cathy45 said... (8/2/06 10:43 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket & so fflattering. If this is just the trial run, I can't wait to see the "real thing"!
FloraNature said... (8/2/06 6:29 AM) Reply
What a sweet little jacket!
PixieCat said... (8/2/06 4:47 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and such a nice style!
Helen near Sydney said... (8/2/06 3:20 AM) Reply
I read this review from start to finish and am inspired. I only hope the US Open gets the same results!
Austen said... (8/1/06 11:36 PM) Reply
Beautiful sewing job, great looking jacket!
Schnauzer said... (8/1/06 10:29 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous jacket!
brrmm said... (8/1/06 10:01 PM) Reply
Really lovely Vonne. And I see you've even gone to the trouble of matching the neighbours (across the road!!) garden this time. Very thoughtful !
PatM said... (8/1/06 9:48 PM) Reply
Another great jacket, what a great colour. Thank you for the photos in the review.
Beebes said... (8/1/06 8:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket ! Thanks for the detailed photos.
Nata said... (8/1/06 8:12 PM) Reply
It looks great on you. Gorgeous color. It's too good to be called wearable muslin
bunz said... (8/1/06 6:22 PM) Reply
Winter jacket? I don't think so, Vonne!! :-) Looks so good on you. Thanks for the interfacing tip -- I've been wondering how to handle a stretch corduroy myself.
hongkongshopper said... (8/1/06 5:59 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket Vonne. If this jacket was from "you know where", send them a photo or a link. They like to see their fabrics made up.
LiZ said... (8/1/06 5:03 PM) Reply
A beautiful jacket. It looks really great on you.
nicegirl said... (8/1/06 3:58 PM) Reply
Very nice look! I love the inverted pleat in the back.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (8/1/06 1:09 PM) Reply
I'm so glad to see this review, and a great review it is. I bought this pattern and am about to start on it. I hope for it to be my pattern for the 3 looks contest. Thanks so much and I love your jacket (like I always love what you make). thanks.
fiberfanatic said... (8/1/06 12:53 PM) Reply
I love to see your creations. Another great jacket. Thanks for the inspiration.
Mary Stiefer said... (8/1/06 12:46 PM) Reply
Another lovely jacket. The color is scrumptious.
Rhoda K said... (8/1/06 12:10 PM) Reply
Love the different jacket styles and yours looks great on you. I, too, love the pleat in back.
AndreaP said... (8/1/06 11:30 AM) Reply
Love the jacket, especially the pleat in the back!
Debbie Cook said... (8/1/06 11:02 AM) Reply
Very pretty Vonne!
Peggy L said... (8/1/06 11:00 AM) Reply
Another winner!
pterion said... (8/1/06 10:33 AM) Reply
Really? A beginner like me could make a nice jacket like this? No way! This really is lovely - definitely something I'd buy if I saw it in a store. THanks for the review - looks like another great pattern to add my stash...
carolynw said... (8/1/06 10:31 AM) Reply
Beautiful work - looks super on you. Just added pattern to my "Must Have" list.
Celeste said... (8/1/06 10:15 AM) Reply
Excellent review. I love your treatment of that back pleat and the way it lays down so nicely.
Annie- oh said... (8/1/06 9:22 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review and info. Great photos, too, for a gorgeous jacket.
jemgirlca said... (8/1/06 9:21 AM) Reply
Another cute jacket! You always do such nice work.
MarilynB said... (8/1/06 9:12 AM) Reply
Well, you've done it again. Another great jacket.
ryan's mom said... (8/1/06 9:05 AM) Reply
Wow! That jacket is great!! I didn't realize there was a nice pleat in the back. Will pick up one for myself at the next $1/ pattern Simplicity sale :) . Still waiting...they're 1.99/pattern this month at Hancock's, so maybe in September or October. Will keep you posted.
Tiner W said... (8/1/06 8:48 AM) Reply
It's simply perfect!
Judy Wentz said... (8/1/06 8:47 AM) Reply
This is really attractive. I think I will look for this pattern for myself. You did a great job. Thanks!
Lori V said... (8/1/06 8:21 AM) Reply
Very beautiful jacket, Vonnevo. I love the pleat and the fabric. I am so excited to see your next garment from this pattern.
krystalb said... (8/1/06 8:18 AM) Reply
Love the jacket, great sewing as usual! Kris
Lisette said... (8/1/06 8:01 AM) Reply
Very nice looking test jacket. Thank you so much for the info on how to work with pleats. Your reviews always teach me something new.
linda 75142 said... (8/1/06 7:55 AM) Reply
Love the jacket; great job; LOVE the color too!
minieme said... (8/1/06 7:38 AM) Reply
I like the pleat too, I've now learned to do the edgestitching on the pleats next time, and that colour is good on you.
Linda F said... (8/1/06 7:28 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket, even for a test garment. It looks better than what is on the pttern envelope. I can't wait to see what else you make from this pattern.
Sew4Fun said... (8/1/06 7:16 AM) Reply
Another nice jacket Vonne. I really like the inverted pleat on the back.

Favorite Things Nightie Night Pattern