Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5209 (Princess Tank Blouse)

Reviewed by:Doris W. in TN

About Doris W. in TNstar
TN United States
Member since: 2/9/04
Posted on:7/29/06 9:08 AM
Last Updated:7/29/06 9:12 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
SarahWeb said... (7/31/06 12:16 PM) Reply
You've made me sit up and take notice of this pattern. It looks great on you, both from the front AND the back! Nice job.
Sewing Chick said... (7/30/06 1:09 PM) Reply
Doris, that looks great! I wasn't going to buy this pattern because of the picture on the front. Yours turned out so well, I need to reconsider! Thanks for such a great review!
Monica G said... (7/30/06 10:43 AM) Reply
Doris--I really like your version. I just completed this same top and need to take pictures before writing my own review. The back of mine looks like yours!! I was a little worried about it too (although I wouldn't use the word scary!) Great job. I think I am going to make other versions as well
cathy45 said... (7/30/06 10:00 AM) Reply
The top looks fabulous on you. I don't see a need to do a balancing act. The red & the the hem length make it perfect on you
Jane S said... (7/30/06 7:45 AM) Reply
Doris, I think Loes should be using your pictures and fantastic top to sell this pattern. It looks wonderful and so do you, much better than the pattern photo.
tlmck3 said... (7/29/06 5:04 PM) Reply
Doris, It looks tons better on YOU than it does on the envelope (her cover shots are always so schlumpy looking!) Where the model looks like a "box" from the too-high neckline down the too-long front with the awkwardly angled drop sleeves. In fact, it looks quite fabulous--you look extremely pleasingly curvacious--not pear -shaped and ski-slope shouldered at all! I need more sucess getting her simpler patterns to fit my body before I try this one, but you've given me hope!
CarolynGM said... (7/29/06 4:09 PM) Reply
It looks perfectly balanced to me -- length, width and curve. I can see why you've made three with more in the works.
CSM--Carla said... (7/29/06 2:32 PM) Reply
Thanks for this excellent review. You look great in your red top!
Celeste said... (7/29/06 11:18 AM) Reply
What a beautiful fit!!
KarmenG said... (7/29/06 10:21 AM) Reply
Love the top on you! And the back view has no issues from my point of view. We are so super critical of self, aren't we? I do the same thing but in my opinion, you look like a woman with some pleasing curves and nothing to balance or fuss about! Enjoy your new top.
BeckyC said... (7/29/06 10:10 AM) Reply
Your top looks wonderful on you! I really like the changes you made with the neckline and hemline. I have this pattern and am now motivated to sew it after reading your review. Thank you.
Tiner W said... (7/29/06 9:51 AM) Reply
It looks lovely on you--and I don't think your back looks scarey at all! You did a good job on the fit.

Burda 8860