Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7823 (Todays Fit by Sandra Betzina)

Reviewed by:Terri Smith

About Terri Smithstar
Member since: 9/16/04
Posted on:7/29/06 7:37 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
sue oslo's mum said... (3/4/08 7:24 AM) Reply
I made tis in a beautiful plaid silk velvet (bought on eBay) but had a nightmare with the lining which slipped away from my control. Ripped that out and have now embarked on self binding. Not being able to press the velvet does make that a scare prospect.
AnneM said... (1/25/07 10:58 AM) Reply
Pretty dress. I want to make myself a bias dress like this; good to find this review.
SarahWeb said... (7/31/06 12:33 PM) Reply
Your dress is absolutely gorgeous. Your review is chock full of very useful information. I hope to master silk chiffon someday. You've given me some good ideas and resources to help me learn. Thanks!
Jane S said... (7/30/06 3:44 PM) Reply
Such a lovely dress on you and such a great review, thanks! I've had a similar sizing experience with Sandra's patterns. Guess there's no escaping that mock up garment to find the right personal fit. You persisted and the result is fabulous.
Linda F said... (7/30/06 11:34 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful. There is a lot of great information in this review. I plan on referring to this one the next time I work with chiffon.
Danvillegirl said... (7/30/06 7:48 AM) Reply
Dress is beautiful. Very nice looking!
CarolynGM said... (7/30/06 5:45 AM) Reply
Wow! This is a stunner. Thanks for details on shoulder seam technique and them.
PixieCat said... (7/30/06 4:55 AM) Reply
Your dress is gorgeous! Love the fabric.
patsijean said... (7/30/06 1:47 AM) Reply
I love the fabric and the dress. The fit looks great. Thanks for the shoulder seam tip.
Mely5862 said... (7/30/06 0:33 AM) Reply
What a perfect fabric and pattern combination. It looks so pretty and expensive!!
sweetviolets said... (7/30/06 0:31 AM) Reply
Your dress is wonderful! I think you have definitely moved beyond the "Beginner" skill level.
Mary Stiefer said... (7/29/06 11:40 PM) Reply
Gorgeous - love this fabric and it looks like it fits beautifully.
sewfan said... (7/29/06 11:13 PM) Reply
Your dress is gorgeous and it looks wonderful on you! I love the fabric. I am going to have to get this pattern.
moushka said... (7/29/06 9:53 PM) Reply
Very flattering dress and helpful review. Thanks very much.
touran said... (7/29/06 8:54 PM) Reply
Beautiful and summery. I'm so glad you reviewed this. In the whirlwind of patterns, I'd forgotten about this.
Lori V said... (7/29/06 8:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress on you. Thanks for a great review and lucky you - a retreat with Sandra.
Elemenopeo said... (7/29/06 8:31 PM) Reply
That looks fantastic on you!
BeckyC said... (7/29/06 8:05 PM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful on you! Thank you for sharing the way SB had you line your dress and for your hints of working with Silk Chiffon. You're so lucky to be able to attend a workshop with Sandra Betzina.

by: Ysenia