Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> dv-sc (Deco Vibe Shrunken Cardigan)

Reviewed by:Georgene

Last Updated:7/29/06 11:38 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Nancy K said... (6/4/07 8:21 AM) Reply
I hadn't seen this review before and I really like your twin set. But, boy I won't be buying this pattern! I am a DD cup and I really would love to make a lingerie style cami to wear under cardigans. YOurs looks fabulous though and your review is why I love this site! Saves me lots of agita.
AnneM said... (1/25/07 10:56 AM) Reply
Great outfit! Glad you were able to get the cami to work. Too bad it doesn't take advantage of it's shaping opportunities. Even I'm not completely flat! :)
Sew it seams said... (10/7/06 10:01 AM) Reply
Wow Georgene, that is a beautiful combination of color and fabric. I bet it looks great on you. It looks like you have perfected the shaping for the cami.
motomoda said... (10/7/06 8:12 AM) Reply
Love the results and the review - yes sometimes a good stiff drink is what is needed to cope with the challenges of creation :)
milwaukee_kelly said... (7/30/06 3:10 PM) Reply
Gorgeous lace detail and color combination. What a great pattern to perfect for yourself.
JDpenelope said... (7/30/06 2:12 PM) Reply
Gorgeous fabric and your extreme talent saved the day!
cindyann said... (7/30/06 11:58 AM) Reply
Very pretty, Georgene. Your fabric combinations, as usual are awsome.
Linda F said... (7/30/06 11:28 AM) Reply
Georgene, if anybody can save this pattern it is you. Thank you for the heads up on shaping, I'll keep this in mind. You did a beautiful save, your twinset is georgous!
PVA said... (7/30/06 11:01 AM) Reply
Ohmygosh, that is lovely! Your work is truly awesome! I love that look, the open shirt over a cami, & I'm going to do one soon, but I'll pass on this pattern -- I just don't have the skills. Thanks so much for reviewing these two garments, it is a beautiful twinset.
Gigi Louis said... (7/30/06 10:49 AM) Reply
A beautiful twinset, Georgene! Your color combinations are always so wonderfully creative!
ryan's mom said... (7/30/06 10:08 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! That twinset rocks :) .
MaryBeth said... (7/30/06 9:18 AM) Reply
When I made this pattern up I chose not to fit the bust of the pattern. I decided that it's just not that type of pattern. See Touran's prior review. It works great for me as a demure unfitted cami. That said, your results are beautiful and carving out a fitted bust is certainly a choice. Love the color! It makes me long to have time for personal sewing ~sigh~ Doesn't the sight of perfect lingerie do that for a girl?
PhyllisC said... (7/30/06 9:15 AM) Reply
Truly lovely Georgene. Lace trim is always much more interesting to me when it's cut part.
Linda E. said... (7/30/06 8:18 AM) Reply
lovely cami ..with the lace cardigan it looks great.. the colors are great.
Peggy L said... (7/30/06 8:18 AM) Reply
Very pretty. Great set.
Danvillegirl said... (7/30/06 7:57 AM) Reply
Very pretty.
GorgeousFabrics said... (7/30/06 7:43 AM) Reply
I just love your results. An I adore it with the cardigan! -Ann
CarolynGM said... (7/30/06 5:29 AM) Reply
Beautifully done, Georgene. I'm surprised that the pattern has no shaping, especially in the GG range. You sure made it work though.
els said... (7/30/06 5:09 AM) Reply
Your work to use this pattern paid of, a very pretty cami. The total outfit is beautiful.Anthracite is a great color grey.
Katharine in BXL said... (7/30/06 3:52 AM) Reply
Such a pretty camisole, but I'm shocked to hear there's no bust shaping and a CB seam. Sounsd like Burda would ahve done a better job drafting it :( but fortunately with your skill you were able to pull it off. Good on you!
fuzzygalore said... (7/30/06 1:09 AM) Reply
You made the best of a bad pattern... Check out Folkwear's Intimacies, which has the same camisole only the way it's supposed to be - with shaped cups and cut on the bias.
frame said... (7/30/06 0:41 AM) Reply
Very pretty.
Lori V said... (7/30/06 0:13 AM) Reply
Very pretty set.
sewbehind said... (7/30/06 0:13 AM) Reply
Love the cami on its own but with the twinset look, it is even better.
jemgirlca said... (7/29/06 11:57 PM) Reply
Wow, what a pretty set!
BeckyC said... (7/29/06 11:52 PM) Reply
Your cami is lovely! You're lucky to have the skills that made this pattern work for you. By looking at the pattern I would have thought it had shaping too. I'm glad it worked for you and that you've made more. Thank you for the informative review.
Mary Stiefer said... (7/29/06 11:43 PM) Reply
sorry - duplicate
Mary Stiefer said... (7/29/06 11:42 PM) Reply
What a beautiful combination. You never cease to amaze me with your beautiful creations. Sorry you had so much trouble with this one - but - you certainly made it work.

Pin-up Girls Amanda Foam Cup Bra