Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2006-129 (Petites Jacket)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:8/6/06 6:32 PM
Last Updated:8/6/06 6:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 37 people

Boo97 said... (4/5/07 6:21 PM) Reply
Kay this is one of the BEST reviews I have ever read. Your sewing skills are amazing!!! Thank you for sharing.
Annette1 said... (4/2/07 2:14 AM) Reply
If they had a "very, very helpful" button, I'm be punching it. This has got to be the classiest jacket I've seen for a long time. Your work is FLAWLESS. I love just looking at you detailed pictures. I agree: Make it as a shirt, too ... then make it again as a shirt ... then as a jacket ... as a shirt. :o) I'm pea green witih envy!
SandraB said... (3/30/07 6:04 PM) Reply
what a great looking jacket. You have inspired me to try this one, even though I am not a petite.
Marita Kinnula said... (11/8/06 3:56 AM) Reply
Just saw this, great jacket and a really good review, thank you:-) Marita
*Jessica* said... (10/8/06 1:19 PM) Reply
omg looks perfect. wow your great at sewing
SarahWeb said... (8/17/06 11:16 AM) Reply
What could I add? Your jacket is absolutely stunning and your work is inspiring.
patsijean said... (8/9/06 3:46 PM) Reply
Beautiful..
Ann Rowley said... (8/8/06 2:05 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket, beautifully constructed. I liked all the detailed photos you took and your excellent notes. The lengthening detail is especially helpful. And, of course, the piping!!
stebo79 said... (8/8/06 2:02 PM) Reply
Just beautiful! You did a great review with all the details and even fotos! Thank you!
Riordan said... (8/7/06 9:53 PM) Reply
Very beautiful jacket! Your work is exquisite, as always. Thank you for including the pictures, too!
Sandil said... (8/7/06 7:16 PM) Reply
Kay, looks great - wow you did a fantastic job!! Can't wait to see it in person to examine it in detail.
PhyllisC said... (8/7/06 5:25 PM) Reply
Great jacket and the big buttons are awesome - just perfect.
Nancy K said... (8/7/06 3:38 PM) Reply
This has got to be one of the most complete and helpful reviews I've seen. A beautiful jacket and magniificent sewing. Wow! Your elaboration on the different techniques is very helpful. By the way, I use my scanner and blow up the line drawing and instructions. It is very helpful
cathy45 said... (8/7/06 2:57 PM) Reply
WOW! Absolutely stunning!
mistrydesigns said... (8/7/06 12:52 PM) Reply
I can't believe my eyes. That is one awesome jacket! Looks like a pricey designer item. I wish someday to sew like that. Thank you for sharing it with us!
Dobedowawa said... (8/7/06 12:24 PM) Reply
Wonderful jacket, inspiring sewing! And thank you for a great review!
Jeanninem said... (8/7/06 11:58 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket with great details, and although the topstitching was alot of work, it paid off. The jacket looks like you just bought it at Saks or Nieman's. It looks great on you.
kmouse said... (8/7/06 10:55 AM) Reply
What an absolutely woofy jacket and GREAT review!
Danvillegirl said... (8/7/06 10:15 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. Lovely details. Like the shoulder area. Looks like a jacket I just saw in Talbots. Great job and very informative review as always.
cindyann said... (8/7/06 10:12 AM) Reply
WOW, that is an amazing jacket. Being a petite, I'm so sorry that I don't have this BWOF issue. It's lines are well suited to petites. Your work is amazing and I really appreciate the detailed review.
milwaukee_kelly said... (8/7/06 10:04 AM) Reply
Wonderful work. The style lines of that jacket are really nice on you.
Moxie said... (8/7/06 9:44 AM) Reply
Wow, wow, wow! Beautiful jacket. Thanks for the excellent, detailed review.
slanden99 said... (8/7/06 9:25 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket!
PatM said... (8/7/06 8:58 AM) Reply
Thank you for the comprehensive review. Your jacket does look beautiful. Your photo of the collar standwasv ery helpful as I was struggling with the collar on a jacket from a Burda magazine pattern. Your tailoring skills are superb!
Ronda Rae said... (8/7/06 7:09 AM) Reply
*sigh*- I pray my topstitching gets that beautiful some day! Gorgeous jacket and sewn to perfection. I was hoping as I was reading that you were labeled advanced or I was gonna have to move myself down a notch. :)
MarilynB said... (8/7/06 6:53 AM) Reply
This is a lovely jacket. Thank you for such a detailed review.
Margie T said... (8/7/06 5:35 AM) Reply
What a beautifully made jacket - I am envious!
martinanne said... (8/7/06 4:12 AM) Reply
Wonderful review!! And that is an amazingly beautiful jacket. GREAT JOB!!!
MaryBeth said... (8/7/06 1:04 AM) Reply
Lovely! Lovely! Lovely! Thanks for this review.
jnamcd said... (8/6/06 11:26 PM) Reply
So beautiful! I'm in awe!
hongkongshopper said... (8/6/06 11:21 PM) Reply
Beautiful work! Thanks for the detailed review and tips.
Modiste Madness said... (8/6/06 11:00 PM) Reply
Wonderful! Wonderful! Incredible detail in the review.
Karla Kizer said... (8/6/06 10:53 PM) Reply
I'm back to add that your idea of using this as an unlined blouse is brilliant. I'll make a blouse as the muslin. You have saved me *so* much time!
Lori V said... (8/6/06 10:44 PM) Reply
Oh, wow, that is stunning. You did a spectacular job.
brrmm said... (8/6/06 10:16 PM) Reply
Really great jacket with such lovely shaping. Great work and thanks for such an informative review.
Robin Denning said... (8/6/06 8:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful work!
Seaspur said... (8/6/06 8:20 PM) Reply
What a stunning jacket!
Linda F said... (8/6/06 8:20 PM) Reply
stunning!!
BjP said... (8/6/06 8:18 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket and such a very thoughtful and helpful review!
Sew4Fun said... (8/6/06 8:04 PM) Reply
Absolutely suberb! Your work is impeccable. Thank you for all the wonderful detail and photos in your review. The fit is perfect. Bravo!
Karla Kizer said... (8/6/06 7:57 PM) Reply
Perfect jacket. Darn. I spent the afternoon crawling around on the floor, tracing a pattern. Now I have to convince my knees and hips they want to do it all over again. Thank you for pointing out all the beautiful details in it. Your jacket is gorgeous, and worth suffering for. (Now reaching for the Burda and a toxic-level dose of ibuprofen.... )
drsue said... (8/6/06 7:30 PM) Reply
wow, you did an amazing job!!! So the petite BWL's are shorter you say? I may have to subscribe. I found the BWL's too long on the old WOF petite mag. Perhaps they've resized.
Celeste said... (8/6/06 7:28 PM) Reply
Flawless!
Levone said... (8/6/06 7:26 PM) Reply
Gorgeous, well thought out jacket. It looks great on you as well.
CarolynGM said... (8/6/06 7:19 PM) Reply
Georgeous and impeccably tailored. I'm so jealous of your absolutely perfect topstitching! Thanks for time you took to show us so many details about how you made this look so wonderful.
Neana said... (8/6/06 7:15 PM) Reply
Excellent job. It fits you so well. I'm definately impressed. Thanks for the review
bunz said... (8/6/06 7:14 PM) Reply
What an excellent review and beautiful jacket!
AngieC said... (8/6/06 7:01 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket! And it looks wonderful on you! Thanks for sharing.
els said... (8/6/06 6:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful made jacket and impecable sewing.
Liana said... (8/6/06 6:45 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket! Your work is always exemplary. Thanks for a wonderful review, too. I can see why you'd like to have it again, as a shirt or whatever. It's lovely on you and the fit is so perfect.
CSM--Carla said... (8/6/06 6:43 PM) Reply
What a professional looking jacket. I'm impressed! Thank you for sharing.
Vonnevo said... (8/6/06 6:43 PM) Reply
Wonderful result and excellent review. Thank you for all the extra details and photos.... they are much appreciated :))
Debbie Cook said... (8/6/06 6:42 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, so flattering on you. Great review too. Thanks for the extra details and pics.
beth5646 said... (8/6/06 6:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful jacket. Thanks for the wonderful review.

by: KatC83