Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> Woodstock Tunic (Woodstock Tunic)

Viewed 2001 times

Posted on:8/4/06 1:50 AM
Last Updated:8/4/06 1:57 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 33 people

melkington said... (5/18/11 0:32 AM) Reply
gorgeous top...looks fabulous on you. I want to make this pattern but I didn't receive instructions. do you know where I can get them?
SandraB said... (6/14/09 8:58 PM) Reply
This is really lovely Georgene. I just bought this pattern and am now reading through the reviews. The amount of work that you put into this is truly amazing.
Georgene said... (11/19/06 8:43 AM) Reply
NancyK, in order to fit the sleeve, I made a muslin...meaning I cut the sleeves, with extra seam allowance, basted the underarm seam, and pinned it to the armhole while wearing the body of the garment. I always fit sleeves with the s/a folded to the inside, as if it were sewn. I fiddle with the look of the sleeve head until it looks right, refolding and repositioning the seam allowance. Since I am right handed I work on the left side first, then roughly translate the same changes to the right side. This way you can see your armhole shape as well as the sleeve head shape. I think it would be very very difficult to fix the sleeve as a flat pattern process. I 'let the fabric talk'.
Nancy K said... (11/6/06 9:48 AM) Reply
This is so totally gorgeous! I am in awe. Question, the sleeve, what did you do to this to make it fit. Several other people have compained about having to redraft, not just make fit adjustments.
xela said... (8/5/06 10:51 AM) Reply
You are a true diva! I salute you. It is stunning. You have tangable proof that the heat was good for something! Congrats
hongkongshopper said... (8/4/06 9:57 PM) Reply
Love the top, love the review. Hopefully you are feeling better now! :)
2BSewing said... (8/4/06 9:46 PM) Reply
This is absolutely beautiful!
artist1lisa said... (8/4/06 9:38 PM) Reply
OMG,that is absolutely fabulous.I love the colors.
artist1lisa said... (8/4/06 9:35 PM) Reply
OMG,that is absolutely fabulous.I love the colors.So...this is how the dog days of summer should be spent.
Jennifer shaw said... (8/4/06 8:48 PM) Reply
G, this is so gorgeous!! Thanks for all of the helpful advice on this amazing top.
AliceB said... (8/4/06 6:46 PM) Reply
WOW, I'm blown away by the result of your dog days and fried brain. WOW-oh-wowie this is an amazing work of art!
Deepika said... (8/4/06 5:36 PM) Reply
What an outstanding piece! Loved reading all about the creative process. Thanks also for the lovely pictures. The final tunic looks great.
FloraNature said... (8/4/06 5:34 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous tunic. It is such a rich and vibrant colour combination, and it looks wonderful on you!
PhyllisC said... (8/4/06 4:16 PM) Reply
This is the most-ut, as Judy Jetson would say - I love it Georgene, it's perfect!
RuthieSews said... (8/4/06 3:49 PM) Reply
its absolutely GEORGEOUS! it was worth every minute.
Cre8tv said... (8/4/06 3:48 PM) Reply
It's amazing that such a simple pattern requires so many alterations. I have made this pattern about 5 times now; it is now one of my favorites...but I had to do as many alterations to get the thing to fit.
Stacy Sews said... (8/4/06 1:22 PM) Reply
Stunning! I love the colors and details on your finished tunic.
milwaukee_kelly said... (8/4/06 12:43 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous!
Lee-Lee said... (8/4/06 12:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful! The end result is well-worth the time you put into it.
Elona said... (8/4/06 12:24 PM) Reply
Let's hear it for fever-dreams, Georgene! The tunic is lovely, and you will be swanning about in more than Oriental splendor.
Seaspur said... (8/4/06 11:47 AM) Reply
What a phenomenal amount of work, but the end result is so worth it. Beautiful!
cindyann said... (8/4/06 10:36 AM) Reply
What a beautiful combination of fabrics and embellishments. Very inspiring, as usual.
bunz said... (8/4/06 10:32 AM) Reply
S. Kahjle would be very proud of you! Great colors for you.
Lisa Laree said... (8/4/06 10:31 AM) Reply
Oh, but a ripped out and revised neckfacing would've been so...normal.... This is a work of art!
PVA said... (8/4/06 10:29 AM) Reply
Greatballsofire! Mega-Dittos to all of the above! The only words I can add are It's soooooo elegant. In the photo by your DH showing the back shaping the word that came to mind was Regal! Anyone who can look elegant & regal in that heat & humidity is both, elegant & regal (IMNSHO) Thanks so much for this review!
Levone said... (8/4/06 10:08 AM) Reply
Beautiful tunic! I enjoyed reading your review and seeing all of the pictures.
mistrydesigns said... (8/4/06 9:56 AM) Reply
Wow! Looks like a pricey designer piece. Great job!
licarritc said... (8/4/06 9:54 AM) Reply
So it was way more work than the heat required but now it is fabulous instead of just functional. The other "plain" tunics will be jealous!
Mary Stiefer said... (8/4/06 9:48 AM) Reply
Oh my gosh - this is just beautiful. I wish my brain would get fried so that I could turn out creations like this one. Another project well done.
Linda F said... (8/4/06 9:47 AM) Reply
Your work has taken my breath away, what a beautiful tunic!! It is absolutly stunning on you. Thank you for sharing.
BeckyC said... (8/4/06 9:42 AM) Reply
Your top is wonderful! I'm glad the heat got you, because your neckfacing is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.
Gigi Louis said... (8/4/06 9:39 AM) Reply
Georgene, it turned out beautifully! I love all of your embellishments.
Amber in Norfolk said... (8/4/06 9:34 AM) Reply
Wow it looks great!
fiberfanatic said... (8/4/06 9:31 AM) Reply
This is just beautiful. Your perserverance paid off. Very creative and so stylish!
jemgirlca said... (8/4/06 9:19 AM) Reply
Wow, that is gorgeous! I love all of your embellishments!! Thanks for the review!!
Kay Y said... (8/4/06 9:10 AM) Reply
Fabulous - I think you protest too much about the heat since you had the foresight (lucky us) to take pictures all along the way. I'd say you should take full credit for all the creative choices.
valerie sews said... (8/4/06 8:49 AM) Reply
Just wonderful Georgene. Your creativity inspires me.
GorgeousFabrics said... (8/4/06 8:40 AM) Reply

carolynw said... (8/4/06 8:32 AM) Reply
This is too beautiful for words - just love, love it!!
MaryBeth said... (8/4/06 7:48 AM) Reply
Wow, little did I realize all the work you were devoting to this project. Love the neckline embellishments, edgings, and cuff!!! The result is wonderful to behold and now you have a TNT pattern and some heat relief. Great review of your design process, Georgene. Thanks for writing it up and showing us the pix. Nice to revisit Project Alabama, as well.
Mermie said... (8/4/06 7:41 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous.
GorgeousFabrics said... (8/4/06 7:31 AM) Reply
G. your tunic turned out just amazing. I love, love, love the tulle edging on the cuff. -Ann
Lilibet said... (8/4/06 6:51 AM) Reply
Gorgeous, very exotic.
CarolynGM said... (8/4/06 6:20 AM) Reply
I loved all the details about your creative process. Kind of makes me want to turn off the AC and see if similar inspiration transforms me.
Olivia Sews said... (8/4/06 5:49 AM) Reply
That is gorgeous!! Inspired me to buy 3 Hot Patterns right now!! Shame on me!
els said... (8/4/06 4:54 AM) Reply
You’re creativity and patience transformed this pattern into a lovely summer tunic, despite all the pattern troubles you had to conquer you made it work, congrats. It looks great on you.
carolinevon said... (8/4/06 4:05 AM) Reply
You must have had great fun making this. It's lovely!
fuzzygalore said... (8/4/06 3:48 AM) Reply
If the heat did that to my brain, I wouldn't complain about it so much :-)... It seems to be draft-from-scratch time again at HP, but your finished product is -stunning-.
Ronda Rae said... (8/4/06 2:48 AM) Reply
Very cool! Love the colors.

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Stitch 'n' Flip Jacket Construction - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford