Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4072 (Misses' pullover dress)

Reviewed by:Stacy Sews

About Stacy Sewsstarstarstarstar
KS USA
Member since: 1/13/04
Posted on:8/7/06 11:29 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Kathi R said... (10/14/06 11:41 AM) Reply
Thanks for the tip on shortening the dress --- your technique saved the dress from looking like a sack. The finished dress looks great!
Nata said... (8/9/06 4:16 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! I think you did a great job by shortening it; it suits your figure better that way IMO Love the cheetah contrasting bands too - what fun!
artist1lisa said... (8/9/06 11:24 AM) Reply
Adorable dress,Stacy.Your alterations made it look better than the picture on the pattern envelope.Great job.
cathy45 said... (8/9/06 8:39 AM) Reply
Your dress alterations really made this dress work for you. The original version did dwarf you but you've turned it into a really great dress.
ryan's mom said... (8/9/06 8:12 AM) Reply
Your dress looks terrific on you! I know you prefer the shorter, but both lengths are lovely. I was going to buy this pattern, but after reading your review (re: the pregnancy comment) I decided not to LOL. There's something about floaty dresses and thin people that will elicit these comments so I know where you are coming from. Think I'll stick with a "duro" top with leggings this season :) . Thanks for the helpful review.
xela said... (8/8/06 10:21 AM) Reply
Excellent! Yours, IMO, is the best I've seen.
milwaukee_kelly said... (8/8/06 9:07 AM) Reply
Great job Stacy. It looks great on you. I think this is one of those styles that requires some fashionista accessorizing.
Debbie Cook said... (8/8/06 8:57 AM) Reply
I like both versions but I'm really impressed with how you "made it work" for you. Very cute! Love the fabric combo too.
Danvillegirl said... (8/8/06 6:59 AM) Reply
Yeah, you did it! Looks good after your alterations. Love the fabric combinations you chose.
Erica B. said... (8/8/06 0:47 AM) Reply
Stacy, the dress looks great on you!
Vonnevo said... (8/7/06 5:55 PM) Reply
This length and style looks wonderful Stacy. The fabric combos work really well together. Your alterations make this a more stylish dress than the original.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (8/7/06 4:30 PM) Reply
Looks fantastic, love the fabric!
BjP said... (8/7/06 4:17 PM) Reply
Yep, it looks great on you! This is not a style I could carry off, but it looks fabulous on you! I do like the shorter version on you, so good call!
BeckyC said... (8/7/06 4:00 PM) Reply
Your Babydoll Duro dress is so hip! I love the fabric combination and the length - it looks so nice on you.
KAB said... (8/7/06 3:55 PM) Reply
Very attractive. Original dress was really nice, but shorter version is more in scale with your smaller body. It's fun to admire well made garments that would look dreadful on me, but look great on you. Vicarious thrill!
Sharon M said... (8/7/06 3:41 PM) Reply
It's absolutely adorable on you! Love your fabric choices.
jnamcd said... (8/7/06 3:30 PM) Reply
I like the contrasting print--they go very well together!
MelissaB in WA said... (8/7/06 3:28 PM) Reply
Too cute!!!
Linda F said... (8/7/06 2:49 PM) Reply
adorable, I love it!
Mary Stiefer said... (8/7/06 2:03 PM) Reply
I like your version of the duro dress better than the simplicity version. Very nice save.
mistrydesigns said... (8/7/06 12:36 PM) Reply
Pretty dress. All these great 'duro' dresses I see on PR is making me want to make one too.
Linda E. said... (8/7/06 11:53 AM) Reply
I like you version of the "DURO" dress.. It looks very good on you.. the changes you make really help the over look