Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design Magazine> 02-2006-2 (T-shirt)

Reviewed by:Amber in Norfolk

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

jnamcd said... (8/15/06 8:15 PM) Reply
Your save on the hem looks great! Great t-shirt!
Pecan said... (8/9/06 11:34 AM) Reply
I like this top as well...you know I think a V neck would be very flattering on you. You have a pretty face...show it off!!
artist1lisa said... (8/9/06 10:59 AM) Reply
Beautiful T-shirt,Amber.I love the color and fit.I've been intimidated by all the cutting lines in the Ottobre book and havent had the nerve to tackle them.Your review has given me a the courage to try. More "midnight modeling".You've got style.
artist1lisa said... (8/9/06 10:57 AM) Reply
Beautiful T-shirt,Amber.I love the color and fit.I've been intimidated by all the cutting lines in the Ottobre book and havent had the nerve to tackle them.Your review has given me the courage to try. More "midnight modeling".You've got style.
Runrover said... (8/8/06 7:16 PM) Reply
Amber: the t-shirt looks really nice on you and the fit seems good. Great job! Also, I think your blog is so neat; love reading it. Congratulations on your first 5k!! Cynthia
Runrover said... (8/8/06 7:14 PM) Reply
Amber: the t-shirt looks really nice on you and the fit seems good. I've done the hole in the t too. Great job! Also, I think your blog is so neat; love reading it. Congratulations on your first 5k!! Cynthia
Kay Y said... (8/8/06 4:34 PM) Reply
Been there, done that (many times). Better luck with the next one which, if your first version is any guide, will be terrific (and stretchy in the right direction).
wvsher said... (8/8/06 4:23 PM) Reply
Great job on the tee; sorry about the hole (I hate it when I do that).
KAB said... (8/7/06 4:04 PM) Reply
Really nice job, Amber. Re: the hole, you could go back to get that "stupid dog applique" and apply it over the hole. No, just kidding; great T.
Debbie Cook said... (8/7/06 1:44 PM) Reply
Amber, this is a GREAT first tee effort. As mentioned, we've all done the hole thing. If you really want to wear this tee other places without a hole -- and get some more binding practice -- you can rip the binding off again and recut the neckline either into a lower scoop or a vee. Yeah, I know ... ripping the binding off again. Uh huh. Right.
Amber in Norfolk said... (8/7/06 10:44 AM) Reply
Haha considering this is only my third garment, I highly doubt I'm an "advanced" anything! But thanks for the compliment!
licarritc said... (8/7/06 9:56 AM) Reply
Great job! You might consider raising your rating to adv. Beginner. Anybody that can get a T to fit that well and binding to work is worthy of the title!
slanden99 said... (8/7/06 9:43 AM) Reply
TNT=tried and true Nice t-shirt. It looks really good on you. I love this pattern too.
Amber in Norfolk said... (8/7/06 9:33 AM) Reply
BeckyC - what's my TNT file?
BeckyC said... (8/7/06 9:02 AM) Reply
This is a great top on you! You'll be putting this in your TNT file! Repair the hole as suggested above and if you see the interfacing through the little hole and it bothers you use a permanent marker in the same color as your shirt to color it in. Had to use this repair method a few times.
Tiner W said... (8/7/06 8:40 AM) Reply
Good-looking top!
Linda F said... (8/7/06 6:47 AM) Reply
Amber - You did a great job! Just put a little squire of iron-on interfacing on the back behind the hole. Flatten the fabric as best as you can and it will be good for the gym. You know you are a true sewer when you do something like that and keep going! I can't wait to see the "nonmuslin".
Patzee said... (8/7/06 0:50 AM) Reply
Amber...This won't be the only hole you rip! (LOL) Nice job on the top and that video is the one I used when I did my first neckline.
jessika said... (8/7/06 0:09 AM) Reply
Great top I like it. I love the shape of the neckline. I think the color is great with denim.

by: ButtonFait...