Online Sewing Class: Pattern Work

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5113 (Tuxedo Jacket)

Reviewed by:jbsew

About jbsewstarstar
MI USA
Member since: 9/9/05
Posted on:8/12/06 4:32 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
AnneM said... (9/9/07 5:55 PM) Reply
Great job on your jacket. I'm looking at making this (finally - I've had it for a while), and appreciate the review.
EleanorMcCarthy said... (2/6/07 1:54 AM) Reply
Thanks for the helpful review JB. Your jacket is fantastic. You did such a lovely job with it. I am very impressed by the high quality of your work. I am planning to make this same jacket, in a loosly woven silk. I will keep your suggestions in mind. :)
jbsew said... (8/13/06 8:18 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for your kind comments. In trying to enlarge the picture I have now shrunk it. I will try to enlist the help of some more computer savy family and hopefully have it back to at least where I started.
MelissaB in WA said... (8/13/06 6:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful job! Glad to hear how much you loved Shannon's class too.
Jane S said... (8/13/06 8:36 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks wonderful. I think that what you added to the jacket makes it much more elegant than just following Loes' simple, unstructured instructions. Sometimes those simple lines need some suppport:-)
Danvillegirl said... (8/13/06 8:13 AM) Reply
I agree that Shannon's classes are outstanding. I took SNF class and love the results with my jackets I have made using this technique. Your jacket looks great and love the coral color.
Peggy L said... (8/12/06 6:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful job!! This is the same pattern I made in this class. Great technique and I have used it on several other jackets.
carolynw said... (8/12/06 5:34 PM) Reply
Looks beautiful -would love to see a larger picture. Must sign up for Shannon's class - have heard it is very worthwhile from many.
Ronda Rae said... (8/12/06 5:19 PM) Reply
It's beautiful.
librarylady said... (8/12/06 5:09 PM) Reply
It's lovely. Thanks for the info about lining and interfacing... very useful. I'll have to sign up for Shannon's next class.
bunz said... (8/12/06 4:52 PM) Reply
Looks beautiful -- any chance we could see a larger pic?

Pattern Work