Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2895 (Jean Style Jacket)

Reviewed by:Seamingly Simple

About Seamingly Simplestarstarstarstar
AB CANADA
Member since: 12/23/03
Posted on:8/12/06 5:51 PM

See other patterns in this category: Vests    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts
sewin said... (9/3/13 3:49 PM) Reply
Love the tablecloth story. Beautiful job on this jacket.
tenaya said... (7/27/08 1:49 PM) Reply
I admire your shamelessness, for using the tablecloth! Bravo! It looks great, and what a wonderful idea you had in using the tablecloth in such a way.
yorkshire lass said... (8/14/06 9:29 AM) Reply
Oh wow, what a gorgeous jacket, and such a wonderfully helpful review. Thanks for the details on the seams. I just invested in a lap seam foot so if I can't get it to work I know what to try instead. This is on my (ever growing) list of things to make during my two week holiday, moving up the list now though thanks to your review. I think the tablecloth looks happy to be reincarnated.
MelissaB in WA said... (8/13/06 6:40 PM) Reply
Very beautiful jacket! It looks great on you and great use of resources by using the table cloth ~ definitely s omething I would do too!
debbie.w said... (8/13/06 1:28 PM) Reply
I love this jacket and the fact you made it from your tablecloth sounds so like something I would do! You do a fabulous job.
OP Gal said... (8/13/06 12:42 PM) Reply
Great review and garment. Love the moose buttons. Wish I had a husband observant enough to notice a missing tablecloth!
kmouse said... (8/13/06 12:04 PM) Reply
Really nice jacket and I love the idea about using the table cloth. Great fabric can be found anywhere.
Debbie Cook said... (8/13/06 10:27 AM) Reply
Great jacket! Looks very nice on you. I love your fabric "source." My sister, who collects moose, would go nuts over those buttons.
ryan's mom said... (8/13/06 10:04 AM) Reply
Great jacket and review! I've been mulling over a jean jacket pattern so this was very helpful.
Danvillegirl said... (8/13/06 8:16 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks great and very summery. Like the idea of flat felled seams, I may use those next time. Jacket fits you well.
jbrewer said... (8/13/06 7:08 AM) Reply
You did a very nice job with this jacket (as well as the other garments in your photo album!) Your flat felled seams turned out very neat.
PixieCat said... (8/13/06 6:06 AM) Reply
Your jacket is so beautiful! Thank you for the flat felled seam info. I have this pattern and it's moving to the top of my to-do list.
jlg said... (8/13/06 5:41 AM) Reply
Beautifully done. This jacket looks great.
BjP said... (8/13/06 1:42 AM) Reply
Wonderful looking jacket! This pattern gets such good reviews that I cannot figure out why I keep putting it off. I do like your buttons, too!
Twinkster said... (8/13/06 0:48 AM) Reply
Beautiful choice of fabric! Very creative and it gives the jacket a more feminine edge. Very professional topstitching too.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (8/12/06 11:19 PM) Reply
Hi! Cute and versatile jacket! I, too, love the Moose button touch!!
casken said... (8/12/06 9:32 PM) Reply
Wow, great job! I love the moose buttons. Thank you for your review.
Linda F said... (8/12/06 9:21 PM) Reply
Thank you for your comment on Kwik Sew patterns top patterns fitting short. I have lengthened each KS pattern I make more than what a FBA gives. Until now I thought this was just a problem for me, it is nice to have someone else confirm my suspicion. I love the jacket, using a tablecloth is a perfect solution to getting a look you want!
Seamingly Simple said... (8/12/06 8:55 PM) Reply
debkb, the tablecloth was a 6-person size (52" x 70"?). I didn't measure it precisely because I had to work quickly to finish the jacket while DH was out of town ;-)
AliceB said... (8/12/06 8:47 PM) Reply
Great jacket, and I love the table cloth idea. I appreciate your instructions for the felled seams and the clean finish they leave inside. There is a waffle weave shower curtain at Pottery Barn I want to turn into a jacket. Thanks for sharing. :)
simplystitches said... (8/12/06 8:47 PM) Reply
Really cute, saw the pic and just HAD to read the review to see what fabric you'd used as that's the "look" I had in mind. Can I ask what size tablecloth you used?
bunz said... (8/12/06 8:47 PM) Reply
A much better life for a tablecloth!:-) Great review - thanks.
2BSewing said... (8/12/06 7:18 PM) Reply
Wow! Nice looking jacket you've made. What a great idea to use a jacquard tablecloth for fabric. Also, great idea to use flat felled seams. Thanks for the review. :)
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (8/12/06 7:03 PM) Reply
Great jacket, love the fabric. Thanks for flat felled seams tip. And pliers! I was thinking of using a hammer once on these thick denim seams!
Frogstitcher said... (8/12/06 6:27 PM) Reply
Great summer jacket; very flattering on you. The flat felled seams were the perfect solution to eliminate the fraying problem as well as cutting back on sewing time; I'm all for quick sewing methods. Thanks for a very informative and helpful review. Now, wherever did you find those (Canadian) moose buttons. I've got to get me some.
Riordan said... (8/12/06 6:16 PM) Reply
Great jacket--the fabric is lovely, and your buttons are perfect! Wonderful pattern, isn't it? (I've made five of these for my sisters, stepmother, and daughter, and they all like them.)
Ronda Rae said... (8/12/06 6:04 PM) Reply
Very nice job! You'll secretly be giggling when someone comments on how lovely it is. LOL
Kris O said... (8/12/06 5:59 PM) Reply
Very cute jacket and nice review. I wonder if a tablecloth jacket is a first for PatternReview?

by: craigrama