Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> dd_ss (Denim Diva Sexy Skirts)

Reviewed by:emr

About emrstarstar
Member since: 8/30/04
Posted on:8/15/06 7:05 PM
Last Updated:12/31/06 4:56 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 17 people

candyo said... (1/1/07 10:11 AM) Reply
I love your garments, espec. this one! Keep those reviews coming!
Georgene said... (12/31/06 11:38 PM) Reply
Good documentation, thank you.
Kay Y said... (12/31/06 6:17 PM) Reply
Great review and beautifully made skirts. Thanks for all the detailed pics.
Cheryl Reeves said... (12/31/06 5:19 PM) Reply
That is a very sexy looking black skirt. You did a fabulous job.
drsue said... (12/31/06 5:08 PM) Reply
Well, it certainly is a beautiful set of skirts. I love your velvet edging on the black one.
Karen6790 said... (8/16/06 11:01 AM) Reply
Whew! That was a great and exhaustive review of what we all like (and dislike) about Hotpatterns. Hoping to see a photo after all that work.
MaryBeth said... (8/16/06 10:36 AM) Reply
I am hoping that you will post a pix of your new skirt, with you as the model. Looking at the envelop illustration I can't see why you say under LIKES "The lines of the skirt are great". I donno, but it just looks like a regular 6 gore skirt to me. What makes it great? I've found that most of the HP patterns I've tried have details that do make them great even though there are lots of missing notches, etc. I have enjoyed using the patterns just to learn these "great details". None of the HP "problems" have been big enough to change that for me.
CarolynGM said... (8/16/06 5:34 AM) Reply
Great review emr. I, too, had issues with the HP skirt I made, but after a lot of work, I ended up with a pattern I really liked, just like you did. Clever idea to use a menswear pattern for fly instructions, too.
yorkshire lass said... (8/16/06 4:47 AM) Reply
Thank you for the very thorough, and extremely helpful, review. I too have found these patterns to run large and have cursed the lack of waistline marks, notches and so forth on every pattern I have made from them. Sounds like it was worth the hard work you put in though and the one you are about to sew in the crepe sounds absolutely stunning. Will you post a picture of it?
Ingiepops said... (8/16/06 1:36 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this, I have this pattern and haven't gotten around to sewing it yet. Like you I thought I'd start with something simple from Hotpatterns. Hmm, wishful thinking! I'll definitely have to watch out for all the mistakes, thanks for all your pointers!
drsue said... (8/15/06 9:59 PM) Reply
I've not made any HP skirts - - too bad that even the simple designs from HP have these issues.
Linda F said... (8/15/06 7:10 PM) Reply
What a great review. It will be a lifesaver for anybody else who has this pattern.

Lolita Patterns Gunmetal