Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Ikina Jacket (Ikina Jacket)

Reviewed by:vwgrant

About vwgrant
Member since: 10/28/02

Posted on:8/19/06 4:28 PM
Last Updated:8/19/06 4:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Pants
Leslie Bonner said... (8/23/07 2:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. I am ready to cut mine out and you've convinced me not to do the wings. I loved your whole wardrobe, wonderful job.
ACB said... (8/21/06 7:20 PM) Reply
Great job, loved the mini fashion show!
Leslie Bonner said... (8/20/06 6:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, excellent in that fabric. I have several pieces I want to use for this patttern. I will probably try the wings and eliminate them if they aren't flattering. I have made the SW Plaza Jacket and like it very much but this pattern has less fullness.
CSM--Carla said... (8/19/06 10:49 PM) Reply
vwgrant---what a a beautiful swap. Thanks for sharing! I especially liked the patterned jacket! Lovely! This grey silk jacket is elegant. Carla
blue mooney said... (8/19/06 10:36 PM) Reply
love the mens-wearish look this fabric has - looks great made up in this style! Good eye!
cmarie12 said... (8/19/06 7:03 PM) Reply
What a great piece to add to a mini-swap wardrobe!
AliceB said... (8/19/06 6:48 PM) Reply
Vicky, Thanks for your review. You jacket is lovely and I especially like the contrast heming on the outside provided. I worry about SW top patterns because they seem to accentuate width.
debra lee said... (8/19/06 6:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful
ZenOnWheels said... (8/19/06 5:29 PM) Reply
Your finished jacket is lovely, but like you said, nothing like the pattern pic. They're really doing themselves a disservice, lol!
Annie- oh said... (8/19/06 5:22 PM) Reply
Your photos and slide show are delightful. Would you come sew with me? And where do you get your fabrics?
moushka said... (8/19/06 4:53 PM) Reply
Vicki, I enjoyed the link to the pictures of your two SWAPs. You did a lovely job. I love the jacket - wonderful neutral colour and lovely lines. Thanks for sharing.

Sewing Workshop New Yorker Jacket Pattern