Pattern Reviews> Burda> 2561 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:Melanie Herron

About Melanie Herronstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 11/5/02
Posted on:11/5/02 0:50 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
iSewQuiltArt said... (7/30/09 4:10 AM) Reply
Hi Melanie, I've just made this pattern so it must be popular! And with 11 reviews too. Its the first shirt I've made in two decades I actually love. The seventh button is for underneath the collar opposite where you make the button loop. Mind you I didn't bother making that as I have no plans to button this shirt up under my neck. But that accounts for the button count on the pattern sheet. Have you made it again?
Mel.J said... (11/22/02 9:47 PM) Reply
Hi Melanie, that is a nice shirt. I noticed you're an aussie, so I thought I'd mention there's an Aus/NZ thread on the discussion board under regional communities if you're interested.
KathleenS said... (11/22/02 8:31 PM) Reply
I am in the middle of making this and reading your review I thought "Shoulder pads? What shoulder pads?!" - shows how well I read the notions list (at least I bought thread!). I don't think I'm going to need them either as it seems to be fitting reasonably well apart from my normal issue (forward shoulders). Thanks for the review.
said... (11/5/02 12:45 PM) Reply
Melanie, Welcome to PR. Thanks for the review. I think I will add this to my wish list.
said... (11/5/02 10:13 AM) Reply
Melanie, I have this pattern and have been thinking about making it. Thanks for the helpful review.
said... (11/5/02 9:31 AM) Reply
Melanie, that looks like a nice shirt pattern. Thanks for the warning about the fabric quantity and about the buttons! :)

by: Kathhhhhy