Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2006-108 (Jacket)

Viewed 1981 times

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
Grammy Gin said... (10/29/07 9:34 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket
MsMaryO said... (10/29/07 8:20 AM) Reply
Wow! The jacket is fabulous. And your reviews are always so helpful. I've heard of the padstitching but didn't quite get it. I thought I had it wrong since the stitches would show on the right side of the fabric. Your explanation was very helpful; I guess they are supposed to show on the right side! I think I'll try that Kenneth King cd, too. Thanks so much. You're very talented.
Fran G said... (10/29/07 7:36 AM) Reply
This has been a favorite of mine since it appeared in the magazine and you have done a beautiful version.! Love the collar..was putting in the separating zipper easy? I have never put one in and am wondering if the Burda way makes it go in easily. Congratulations..really nice work and a wonderfully detailed review!
Annette1 said... (10/28/07 6:04 PM) Reply
How classy! Even your padstitching looks great. :o) This jacket is very flattering on you. And dang it all, I'm going to check out Thai Silks now. :o( Thanks for the great review!
Nancywin said... (10/28/07 5:33 PM) Reply
Both jackets look very nice. I can see why you love it so much! Nice job on the collar.
Betsybobbin said... (10/28/07 4:43 PM) Reply
You look lovely. What an excellent job!
AnneM said... (3/13/07 5:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket!
Debbie Cook said... (11/26/06 10:03 AM) Reply
I really like this jacket! I would wear it a lot ... well, not a LOT because I live in FL, but during those 3 weeks of winter we have, I'd wear it every day. ;-) I'm going to have to add this one to my list. I really like the lines.
ACB said... (8/21/06 7:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, looks great on you!
squirrellypoo said... (8/21/06 8:05 AM) Reply
Looks great! I was thinking of making this and it's nice to know the instructions were alright.
Heatherrique said... (8/21/06 7:56 AM) Reply
Nice mod-ern looking jacket!
Seaspur said... (8/20/06 8:41 PM) Reply
The jacket looks as good with a skirt as I thought it would. Nice job!
SBanks said... (8/20/06 8:39 PM) Reply
Very Stylish and it you look great in it!
ribbit2jen said... (8/20/06 8:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review on this jacket. I want to make one too, but I don't know when it will finally be cool enough to even wear anything with sleeves, let alone a jacket!! :)
Seamingly Simple said... (8/20/06 8:02 PM) Reply
This is a lovely jacket. The tulip collar frames your face so beautifully. Congratulations on mastering the separating zipper.

Favorite Things Little Prairie Girl Pattern