Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3156 (SLINKY PANTS)

Reviewed by:carolynw

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Pants
Jennifer shaw said... (8/23/06 11:27 PM) Reply
Gorgeous slacks!!
Skymom said... (8/23/06 6:35 PM) Reply
Chico's, eat your heart out! These look great, and I agree about CJ's fabrics--slinky, ottoman, and others. Wonderful quality.
ACB said... (8/23/06 5:44 PM) Reply
Your pants are very chic!
carolynw said... (8/23/06 8:21 AM) Reply
Hi Joan: Have also used CJ's ottoman and highly recommend - very much like slinky but a little heavier - a bit more pricey but worth every cent in my opinion
tlmck3 said... (8/22/06 11:18 PM) Reply
Oh YAY!!! Thanks for this review. This is another pattern I have....bought it partly BECAUSE of this stash of Slinky I have...and the tons of Matte Jersey I also indulged in for fall. I was afraid the slinky might be too much "muchness" but yours look FABULOUS.
AngieC said... (8/22/06 10:47 PM) Reply
I love the drape and the style on you! Very elegant and it is nice to own pants like them for the dressy times in our lives.
joan said... (8/22/06 9:41 PM) Reply
I have sewn a lot with CJ's ottoman, but not her slinky. Do you have experience with her ottoman and can give me a comparison?
CSM--Carla said... (8/22/06 9:14 PM) Reply
OHHHHH!! Elegant looking pants, clin!! Thanks for sharing this pattern and about slinky. Carla
sewbehind said... (8/22/06 8:19 PM) Reply
Very nice pants. Nice review on slinky. From what I understand, the weight as well as the fabric content is important for slinky. The polyester/spandex slinky clings and the acetate/spandex blend is more figure flattering. I had a wardrobe of it! Love the fabric.
Riordan said... (8/22/06 7:21 PM) Reply
These pants look wonderful (and you look great in them). I've never sewn with slinky because of fear that all my lumps and bumps would be magnified. Thanks for your comments about the fabric!
Peggy L said... (8/22/06 7:19 PM) Reply
Very nice! Thanks for the heads up on CJs slinky. I had wondered about it.
MaryBeth said... (8/22/06 6:45 PM) Reply
They are, indeed, very classy looking. I'm sure many would - be slinky sewists will be glad you took the time to post this.

No Pattern Used 1