Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7919 (Vintage Vogue blouse)

Reviewed by:CarolynD

About CarolynDstar
NJ USA
Member since: 12/31/05
Posted on:8/25/06 11:22 PM
Last Updated:8/25/06 11:40 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
drsue said... (8/26/06 12:39 PM) Reply
Interesting pattern and it looks like you did a nice job on construction. It's harder to alter something with fewer pattern pieces like this blouse than something with more.
Erica B. said... (8/26/06 8:56 AM) Reply
its a very cute top.
carolynw said... (8/26/06 8:51 AM) Reply
It looks so nice - too bad it isn't a good fit but am sure as you say it will look cute with jeans - how about belting it over a long straight skirt?
OP Gal said... (8/26/06 7:52 AM) Reply
Your shirt certainly looks pretty. Too bad it doesn't fit well. I think the key is to select a size that fits the upper bust measurement and then make any adjustments from there. Because if it doesn't fit through the upper chest, it isn't going to look good. You're not alone, Carolyn, we all learn something every time we sew a garment. That's what is so great about sewing, every garment is different and there's aways a new challenge.
SBanks said... (8/26/06 5:58 AM) Reply
Your shirt is cute! It's nice to see others sewing vintage. I think your review is accurate and a lot of us who sew vintage do make changes in construction based on ease of construction or personal preference. I know it keeps me fresh and learning something new.
bunz said... (8/26/06 4:31 AM) Reply
If you don't already have David Coffin's book on shirtmaking, I highly recommend it.
fuzzygalore said... (8/26/06 2:52 AM) Reply
I used to laothe back neck facings, which always flopped out no matter how much understitching I did. Then I read that RTW facings are much deeper - 6-8", and started cutting mine that way too. What a difference - the weight (and probably friction) of the extra fabric keeps them totally in place.
ladybegood said... (8/25/06 11:35 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I always like to hear about vintage patterns. You should check out the Threads article on grading from June/July 2002. Its very informative.

Other My Childhood Treasures