Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4022 (Misses Tunic)

Reviewed by:Melody

About Melodystarstar
MI United States
Member since: 2/7/02
Posted on:8/31/06 0:37 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Em's Summer said... (1/15/07 1:05 PM) Reply
Thanks for this great review!
milwaukee_kelly said... (9/5/06 9:47 AM) Reply
Wow! Great work altering for a fabulous fit!
fuzzygalore said... (9/5/06 2:31 AM) Reply
OK, you're probably right, it's not objectively the best design for you (or me either..). But it's so CUTE :-)! No way you could pass it up, and I agree that vertical trim is just the thing.
MaryBeth said... (9/1/06 10:58 PM) Reply
The vertical trim is "just right". You look great.
OP Gal said... (9/1/06 10:08 AM) Reply
Cool top. Thanks for the detailed review of the challenges and the changes you made to this pattern. I was particularly interested in the Kaffe Fassett fabric you used. I recently purchased some similar fabric that I fell in love with (in fact, it might be the same fabric in a different color) to make a top. My friend, sister and I decided that it didn't look like a fabric you'd see made up in RTW, so I decided to use it as trim. Now, I'm not so sure, since your top looks so great--and like RTW.
PixieCat said... (9/1/06 5:18 AM) Reply
I think your top looks beautiful and fits perfectly! Love the trim you added.
RuthieSews said... (9/1/06 3:19 AM) Reply
The vertical trim does work well to break up the fullness of your bust visually. Great trick
patsijean said... (9/1/06 1:18 AM) Reply
Your top looks beach-comfy and fun to wear. What is impressive is that you are working to improve your draping skills.
Steffie said... (8/31/06 5:52 PM) Reply
Melody - I think that the top actually is a very flattering style for you - at least it appears this way in the photo. I think adding the ribbon around the rest of the neck opening will be a very nice detail. Thank you for sharing all of your alterations.
ACB said... (8/31/06 5:31 PM) Reply
I think it looks good and you did an excellent job!
touran said... (8/31/06 9:14 AM) Reply
That looks so pretty on you. What a great idea to tape the design lines on the body form.
Linda F said... (8/31/06 6:39 AM) Reply
You did a fantastic job on the fit. I would love to see the odd dart you mention to get rid of that extra under the arm. Is there a photo? I am the same way as you, 22 in front and much smaller in the back.
Andreahg said... (8/31/06 6:08 AM) Reply
I think this looks really cute on you! thanks for the review, I just bought this pattern

by: gabc