Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2006-133 (Embroidered Circle Skirt)

Reviewed by:Tonya

About Tonyastarstar
CO USA
Posted on:9/3/06 7:29 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

popoagiesmiles said... (10/5/06 11:11 PM) Reply
You asked why a plus size garment has to have elastic. Well, my guess would be that the bigger you are and fluffier you are, the more your body morphs as you bend it, so you need more flexible clothing. Being just ten pounds heavier than my typical adult weight until recently, I can tell you that I no longer want to wear very fitted, non stretch clothing. What was so comfy before is very uncomfortable now, even though I'm buying three sizes bigger to get the same ease! I seriously don't like wearing nonstretch clothing now, but if I ever get back to my smaller size, or close to it, I can't see why I wouldn't go back to the type of clothing and fabrics I wore before, where stretch waistlines just added bulk and stretch fabric was entirely unnecessary. It's just a physics and comfort issue to me.
Elemenopeo said... (9/5/06 11:00 AM) Reply
That is so pretty and looks great on you.
Debbie Cook said... (9/5/06 7:22 AM) Reply
Great hemline detail!
Erica B. said... (9/4/06 2:44 PM) Reply
very nice skirt... love the hemline!
AliceB said... (9/4/06 12:31 PM) Reply
This is an adorable skirt, I'm sorry the waist isn't what you wanted. Even in a circle-ish skirt we need to check that hip measurement or at least I do with my amble endowment. :)
PhyllisC said... (9/4/06 8:59 AM) Reply
I see it now - good work! A good deconstructed look still has to be sturdy and hold up, and this is a fine example of that. As Georgene once pointed out, deconstructed doesn't really mean less work and cutting corners.
Nata said... (9/4/06 0:36 AM) Reply
I love the hem detail
bunz said... (9/3/06 10:12 PM) Reply
Yes, I'd love to see a close-up of the hem. It looks really pretty.
Nancywin said... (9/3/06 8:51 PM) Reply
Your skirt turned out very cute - and I love the shoes!
CarolynGM said... (9/3/06 8:27 PM) Reply
Cool hem. Even though the pattern wasn't too helpful, this style looks good on you.
moushka said... (9/3/06 8:12 PM) Reply
The skirt looks great; too bad the pattern wasn't much help. I'd forgotten about the cute embroidery in this issue. Thanks for the review.
Tonya said... (9/3/06 8:08 PM) Reply
Thanks Phyllis - you should be able to see a closeup of the hem on the project photo page at the bottom. Hope that helps!
dreamdesigner said... (9/3/06 8:00 PM) Reply
Very stylish, NOW hem.
PhyllisC said... (9/3/06 7:53 PM) Reply
Love the hem - let's see a closeup!

by: Sheila457