Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8087 (Claire Shaeffer Couture Jacket)

Reviewed by:MickeyFan

About MickeyFanstarstar
GA USA
Member since: 6/7/04
Posted on:9/7/06 12:17 PM
Last Updated:9/7/06 12:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 43 people
EHSR said... (5/15/07 9:34 AM) Reply
I've got this in my pattern stash, and I've been ogling the picture lately. That's interesting that the hand vs shortcut versions have differently cut pieces, I'll watch out for that, thanks.
Heatherrique said... (11/14/06 0:47 AM) Reply
Wow, what a stunning jacket! As always, I look forward to reading your reviews!
PegL said... (9/10/06 11:11 PM) Reply
Both your jacket and review are excellent!
memmy said... (9/10/06 8:41 PM) Reply
I enjoyed your description I have used this pattern as well but used to do the Threads article on Chanel jackets I deleted the collar and made a jewel neckline . I am enjoing the journey and have nearly finished but probably its even more work than your effort as the lining is quilted onto the lining . I( am going to try Claires new pattern Vogue 8259 which is a Chanel style jacket complete with all the quilting instructions
Sharon Smith said... (9/9/06 5:07 PM) Reply
I agree with everyone - your jacket is absolutely stunning. In fact, yours fits better than the one on the pattern. (It's too small & looks uncomfortable.) If I hadn't seen the picture of you wearing it, I wouldn't have given the pattern a second notice. Yours is a classic indeed.
cathy45 said... (9/9/06 10:26 AM) Reply
What a wonderful jacket! Your review was thorough, very informative, and inspirational. I hope you enjoy your labor of love for many years.
Juliet said... (9/9/06 3:14 AM) Reply
Such thorough and inspiring review that I bought the pattern last night. Must check for the sleeve problem in case it's an old copy. Your jacket is so beautiful.
Jennifer shaw said... (9/8/06 11:38 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for the excellent and thorough review. Your jacket is just gorgeous!!
Darla in PA said... (9/8/06 5:16 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket! Thanks for a wonderful review.
milwaukee_kelly said... (9/8/06 11:37 AM) Reply
Take a bow! What a beautiful jacket, and a great review to read.
cindyann said... (9/8/06 10:09 AM) Reply
Great jacket! You will wear this with pride for years.
Doris W. in TN said... (9/8/06 9:33 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and it looks like you did a wonderful job constructing it. Thank you for your review. Don't apologize for it being long - it is just the right length with all the info we need. :o)
jlg said... (9/8/06 5:33 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks fabulous. I've been meaning to tackle one of her patterns.
Danvillegirl said... (9/8/06 5:30 AM) Reply
Very helpful review. I think your jacket looks great and very polished.
yorkshire lass said... (9/8/06 4:20 AM) Reply
Wow, gorgeous jacket, wonderful fit, really love the detailed review. I keep looking at this jacket and weighing up whether I have the skills for it, you persuaded me it might be possible. Thank you.
Mary Stiefer said... (9/7/06 11:57 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket and your review is what we all look for - very detailed with all of your changes and some great suggestions for fabric, etc. A1 in my book
Kay Romo said... (9/7/06 11:46 PM) Reply
Really professional job. Agree sleeves tad short, but blouse sleeve takes care of that--cuff doodad thing.
CarolynGM said... (9/7/06 7:44 PM) Reply
Thanks for your timely review. I chose this pattern for Shannon Gifford's speed tailoring class -- I guess that means I'll be making view B though. Yours is just beautiful. As for the pattern errors, Vogue sent me a corrected version of the pattern when I contacted them even though the problem was minor in the 6-8-10 size. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours.
christine A said... (9/7/06 7:22 PM) Reply
Thanks for the lovely detailed review. the jacket is lovely too. Maybe oneday I too will feel confident enough to make a 'cotoure' garment!
PhyllisC said... (9/7/06 6:15 PM) Reply
Stunning - welcome to couture technique; isn't it a great feeling to make something so fine and long lasting?
Englebert said... (9/7/06 5:53 PM) Reply
Love your jacket!! Thanks for a great review!
GorgeousFabrics said... (9/7/06 3:20 PM) Reply
What a great job! I'm intrigued by the three piece sleeve. I think I'll have to pick up this pattern next time JoAnn has a sale on Vogue. Thanks for a very informative review. (And thanks for the nice compliment on my Lagerfeld!) -Ann
SewLimited said... (9/7/06 3:19 PM) Reply
Nice job, I love this pattern.
Erica B. said... (9/7/06 2:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and great tailoring!
blue mooney said... (9/7/06 2:55 PM) Reply
Wow - you have certainly been rewarded for all your work! Your jacket is wonderful. Can you estimate how much time you put into it?
Elona said... (9/7/06 2:52 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket, and a great, understanding review!
OP Gal said... (9/7/06 2:12 PM) Reply
Wow! What a beautiful jacket, and what a wonderful, detailed review. Makes me want to try something this challenging. (Well, almost.)
Peggy L said... (9/7/06 2:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and excellant review. You've done a beautiful job on this and the style suits you so well. You'll enjoy this for a long time.
bunz said... (9/7/06 1:28 PM) Reply
Way to go! It really takes courage to do one of CS's patterns. And it fits really well -- you luckky dog:-)
Lisa Laree said... (9/7/06 12:45 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Well worth your investment. Thanks for sharing!
carolynw said... (9/7/06 12:31 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful and your review so helpful - may try this over the long. cold months ahead !! Have used Claire's patterns before and you are so right - her techniques and instructions are pure gold!!
MaryBeth said... (9/7/06 12:30 PM) Reply
I love it! It's proportioned so well for you. I kind of like the shorter sleeves and the review you've written is lovely and very helpful.
squirrellypoo said... (9/7/06 12:21 PM) Reply
Wow! What a fantastic jacket! Now I know what I have to work towards...

No Pattern Used No Pattern Used