Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> 07 (Sheath for Dress Form)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:9/9/06 3:44 PM
Last Updated:9/9/06 3:53 PM

Kirstenw said... (8/17/08 3:23 PM) Reply
Thank you for this answer, exactly what I was hoping and looking for
nancy2001 said... (5/21/08 12:49 PM) Reply
This review popped up on the right side of my screen. Like you, I customized my dress form using a PBM sloper and some padding.
Birgitte said... (12/27/07 8:43 PM) Reply
What a great review! I'm contemplating using the book "Dress Design" by Hillhouse and Mansfield to draft a dress form cover, and your idea of using a zipper to get in and out is just perfect! Thank you so much!!
dreamdesigner said... (11/6/06 9:44 PM) Reply
WOW! I am totally m impressed by this! I've been wanting to make a DTD since this past summer. I assume yours served you well, and it would be a good starting off point for me? I really doubt I could even get a double that resembled my bod. Everytime I read "Helen near Sydney's" reviews - I'm pretty sure it's her anyway, I think, "yep that's me too!"
dreamdesigner said... (11/6/06 9:42 PM) Reply
Sorry --wish we could eliminate mistakes like this
dreamdesigner said... (11/6/06 9:41 PM) Reply
WOW! I am totally impressed by this! I've been wanting to make a DTD since this past summer. I assume yours served you well, and it would be a good starting off point for me? I really doubt I could even find a purchased double that resembled my body. Everytime I read "Helen near Sydney's" reviews - I'm pretty sure it's her anyway, I think, "yep that's me too!"
Kay Y said... (9/11/06 10:25 PM) Reply
Thanks for the comments everyone! jewelsfashions, I love my Pfaff serger so much that it convinced me to buy a Pfaff sewing machine too (which I also love). You should get a serger - you will not remember how you did without one!
jewelsfashions said... (9/11/06 11:08 AM) Reply
Looks great! I have been seriously thinking of making myself a double as I have started making more clothes for myself and not just my little girls. The DTD and cover will be a winter project as this is the time of the year my husband has more time and will be able to help me. Also, thinking of getting a serger and see that in your bio you have a pfaff 4852. What do you like about yours and what don't you like about yours? Thanks again for the review. After reading it I believe now more than ever I will try to get this done this winter.
JaneH said... (9/11/06 9:36 AM) Reply
This is what every serious sewer should have! Now if I could get the time to do it. Sigh. Great job!!
CarolynGM said... (9/11/06 8:06 AM) Reply
Impressive -- fits like a glove.
Sandil said... (9/10/06 5:32 PM) Reply
Great fit, looks lovely!!!
ACB said... (9/10/06 12:19 PM) Reply
Wow!!!!!!
OP Gal said... (9/10/06 12:16 PM) Reply
Wow! I'm impressed. What an undertaking. Congratulations on a wonderful outcome.
Danvillegirl said... (9/10/06 7:20 AM) Reply
This was so timely! I just completed a cover for my new dress form by Uniquely You. I had thought about using PMB but decided I paid for the cover that came with it. I can appreciate your fitting as using one already made and redrafting to fit oneself is a major process. Should I need to change it in the future, I am going to use PMB. Great job.
hongkongshopper said... (9/9/06 7:22 PM) Reply
Great idea!
sewbehind said... (9/9/06 6:15 PM) Reply
How interesting! What a process. Thanks for the review. Not that I would ever do this. I'm still hoping to get someone to help me with the DTD.
MaryBeth said... (9/9/06 5:00 PM) Reply
Great work, Kay. You are just so correctly methodical and organized in getting this chore done rather than diving into another fashion garment as I continually do. Bravo!
Lorna C. Newman said... (9/9/06 3:55 PM) Reply
Great idea, Kay! I don't have PMB but am working on a sloper done on Patternmaker (free) to do the same thing for my Mindy, my double. She is a foam one and needs to be squished a bit more ... inthe back to reflect reality. She gives a bit too much ease for close fitting garments to hang right below the bustline.

by: Morisot