Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> 091006 (Gathered Neckline Tee KnockOff)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02

Posted on:9/11/06 9:31 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Fabienne301 said... (2/16/08 1:43 PM) Reply
Wow, thanks for that detailed description of what you thought of and how your Wild Ginger did for you. You look great in the shirt and I know it was more trouble than it looks, which is a good sign.
KiwiWendy said... (12/17/06 8:32 PM) Reply
I missed this review earlier - or the brain cells storing it died! I've been coveting the Simplicity pattern like this, and just as it's become available in oz, I can draft my own following your steps.
Sherril Miller said... (9/19/06 2:38 AM) Reply
I missed this review, sorry. I made up a Simplicity top similar to this and didn't like it on my full bust either, it's just OK on me too. If you figure out how to make it work, let me know.
sewsue said... (9/14/06 6:25 PM) Reply
Your top is very flattering on you! It looks lovely.
Rustybobn said... (9/12/06 10:23 AM) Reply
Very nice, Debbie! Love it, and am enjoying your blog.
JDpenelope said... (9/12/06 10:18 AM) Reply
I'm so jealous of your skills. Great job on this pretty style. Have purchased, but not yet used the software. Will check your reviews, including this one, when I do, of course.
dvazz said... (9/12/06 5:53 AM) Reply
That looks terrific on you. I love the style!
Danvillegirl said... (9/12/06 5:21 AM) Reply
Debbie, this is so helpful!!! Thank you, thank you. I had the same thought in mind about using PMB. I pulled out my Helen Armstrong book and determined basically how to do this manually. You are the PMB Queen! and I appreciate your step by step instructions for PE. I am going to copy this. Really fits you well.
Sew4Fun said... (9/11/06 9:44 PM) Reply
Pretty top Debbie. I like how you took this style and made it work for you.
BjP said... (9/11/06 8:54 PM) Reply
Love it! Thanks for the details on your blog ...very helpful, as usual!
Lori V said... (9/11/06 7:12 PM) Reply
Great job, love your top and white is always so wonderful. Free is a plus, too.
Linda F said... (9/11/06 5:51 PM) Reply
Great job as always. I admire your mastery of PMB.
Debbie Cook said... (9/11/06 5:44 PM) Reply
Weird. This comment just showed up as a duplicate of someone else's. Hmm.
Mary Stiefer said... (9/11/06 5:41 PM) Reply
Another great top - Thanks for your great review.
PattyU said... (9/11/06 2:37 PM) Reply
Awesome. Very helpful. Very, very, very helpful. Thanks so much!!
fuzzygalore said... (9/11/06 12:23 PM) Reply
Great top, and great explanations! Your muslin is better than RTW :-)...
PVA said... (9/11/06 11:54 AM) Reply
And, Debbie hits another grand-slam home run! A wonderful top & a great review, but we've come to expect that. I'm looking forward to seeing the print one with solid color band! I love that style & probably will try it one of these days.
milwaukee_kelly said... (9/11/06 11:30 AM) Reply
I love it! The details on how you did this is awesome.
appleC said... (9/11/06 11:06 AM) Reply
Looks great! Thanks for sharing the helpful pictures of your patterns. They worth a lot to me as I'm in the process of drafting my own. My original idea was to slash the front pattern to form the gathering, but your method is so much easier and better that I can even do it with Illustrator! Yeah! Looking foward to more great reviews of different versions. BTW, are you sure that's your entire stash? :)
Lorna C. Newman said... (9/11/06 11:06 AM) Reply
Wonderful job as always, Debbie! And thanks for the extra efforts of the blog details as well. Much appreciated. I wodner if this could also be done using the HP Cadeau top as a starting point? It already has the neckline and the band, theh I would have to raise the back neckline ... my word, this top is contagious!
OP Gal said... (9/11/06 10:55 AM) Reply
Great looking muslin. I've always wondered about Wild Ginger software, but was afraid it would be too difficult to master. You make it look easy. BTW, I covet your stash!
KAB said... (9/11/06 10:53 AM) Reply
What a beautiful fit in shoulders, upper bust and sleeves, and I love the gathers under the wider neckband. Very flattering on a full bust which has me thinking ... hmm, try it. As usual, stunning tutorial on adjusting TNT to this graceful look. Thank you!
Gigi Louis said... (9/11/06 10:53 AM) Reply
Very cute! Mine is *almost* finished.
Rhoda K said... (9/11/06 10:24 AM) Reply
Love your shirt! If I lived closer, I'd ask to "shop" in your stash! ;-)
Sandil said... (9/11/06 10:04 AM) Reply
Love it, you inspired me to make my own. I have PMB, so I'll use your instructions to make my own. Tks for the review!
cindyann said... (9/11/06 9:58 AM) Reply
That turned out quite well! Thanks for the detail pic on your site showing the pattern morph. I've been wanting to try my TNT tee for this style and you did the hard work for me. Thanks
Modiste Madness said... (9/11/06 9:45 AM) Reply
Great copy! As always would love to see it on.

Kwik Sew 3277