Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2619 (Misses T-Shirt)

Reviewed by:MelissaB in WA

About MelissaB in WAstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 3/18/04
Posted on:9/13/06 7:55 PM
Last Updated:9/13/06 7:59 PM

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Skirts
OP Gal said... (9/15/06 7:57 PM) Reply
Cute T-shirt. Great review. Perseverance pays off again!
MelissaB in WA said... (9/14/06 11:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for all your help ladies, that is why I love PR so much! :-) P.S. Amy, I hope my necklace lasts as long as yours!!!
wood turtle said... (9/14/06 12:21 PM) Reply
Kwik Sew doesn't have a fitting pattern, but if you have a KS darted pattern, you may want to check out the bust location in your size. I used KS 2833, and I found the bust to be very high. If the bust fullness is higher than your bust, that may be causing some wrinkles.
slanden99 said... (9/14/06 9:32 AM) Reply
Glad to know it's not just me that has trouble with the "Kwiksew Anomoly". Great idea to use a TNT pattern to correct the drafting. Melissa-Your t-shirt came out great in the end. How frustrating that it took so much effort to get it to fit.
Mini said... (9/13/06 8:40 PM) Reply
Melissa, your fitting problem is due to what I call the "Kwik Sew Anomaly". They simply draft their patterns too darn long in the front armhole, and too wide across the upper chest. When I made this top, I liked everything except the strange wrinkles I kept getting across the upper chest, and the way the front neck would start to slide upward as I wore the shirt. Then, comparing it to other patterns that didn't have those issues, I saw the Anomaly mentioned above. KS seems to be the only pattern company that makes the front armhole as deep, or deeper, than the back. I think the easiest way to adjust is to use the upper chest and armhole from a pattern that fits well in front as a template. It really saves time:).
jnamcd said... (9/13/06 8:17 PM) Reply
I really think that is were I got my necklace--either target or Walmart--mine has held up fine for almost 2 years, I bet! I'm still here, just "slowly" sewing lately!
MelissaB in WA said... (9/13/06 8:09 PM) Reply
Thanks Amy! I was just looking at my shirt in the mirror and I realize it fits really good when I first put it on, it's once I start moving around (arms up and down picking up the kids,etc) that it starts to get the "wrinkled" effect going on. I have this same problem with some of my RTW tees too, so maybe it's normal. BTW, I got the necklace at Target just for our Disney trip and I love it. Mine was a cheapie, so hopefully it doesn't self distruct in a few weeks. ;-) Glad to see you're around as I miss "seeing" you on the Burda board!
jnamcd said... (9/13/06 8:04 PM) Reply
Hey there! Glad you had a great time in Disney--I've never had a chance to comment on your trip! Anyways, I think the t-shirt looks pretty nice on you--the length looks good, too--I'm really hating having to constantly "tug" all my shirts down--even RTW is like that! Anyways, I can't comment on how to fix the few remaining issues you have, as I'm still learning this fitting stuff, too! I did have to laugh though, I think I have that same silver heart necklace--how funny! Great review!

Other 00000