Pattern Reviews> Neue Mode> 23204

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
dvazz said... (9/17/06 9:17 AM) Reply
Those look fabulous!
CarolynGM said... (9/17/06 9:12 AM) Reply
Clin -- in comparison to other pattern companies, the NM patterns, for me anyway, beat the heck out of the Big Four. Thanks to those who noticed the sway back problem -- I hadn't noticed that when I was trying the pants on, so I'll take another look. The wrinkles I was mainly concerned about are the diagonal ones on the back of the legs. I don't have a flat rear yet, but with every passing year, my protruding derriere seems to hang lower and lower, causing me to have to deal with new fitting issues. I fear I'll wake up one day, and it will be down around my knees!
Nancy K said... (9/17/06 8:47 AM) Reply
Your pants look great on you. I solved my back crotch probelms, similar to yours, finally, with HP's L shaped back crotch that I lowered at least an inch. It si hard to see how flat your rear is, but mine is a pancake and I had the same angled folds that you do.
carolynw said... (9/17/06 8:13 AM) Reply
Irina what is the problem with the back? These pants look fabolous on you! For perfection maybe you could take a bit off the center back seam where it meets the waist band but other than that I cannot see any thing that you need to adjust!! How do you rate this pattern to others in the "big 4" - curious as I am now looking at making pants from other pattern makers for a change and would really like your opinion.
Danvillegirl said... (9/17/06 8:11 AM) Reply
I think you have another great pair of pants. It looks to me, and I not a fitting expert as some other reviewers are, but I think you need to do a swayback adjustment. I would undo the center back waistband area, pull up the center back at the waist and then pin the waistband to see how much deeper the center back waist seam needs to be. The buttocks fit great it is just that area from right under the waist that is normally a swayback issue.
blue mooney said... (9/17/06 7:13 AM) Reply
These look fabulous! The back, too!
BjP said... (9/16/06 11:05 PM) Reply
If I looked like you do in pants, I'd wear them every day! They are fabulous on you!
Sarah2747 said... (9/16/06 9:59 PM) Reply
Wow, great looking pair of pants! I haven't made pants in a long time and I'm thinking of making a pair to match a blazer - you've motivated me.
Mary Stiefer said... (9/16/06 9:37 PM) Reply
Another great looking pair of pants. You've done it again. Great review.
Karla Kizer said... (9/16/06 7:55 PM) Reply
Carolyn, you've done it again. These are wonderful. If you really must give in to perfectionism, then maybe stitching the back crotch just a speck lower would do it; another thought - maybe reducing the width of the back leg just a little (removing maybe 1/4" width at the top of the inseam) would give you the results you want. But even with no changes, I think you've got a great pants pattern here, and your workmanship is fantastic.
Celeste said... (9/16/06 7:53 PM) Reply
Their patterns are very nice and I know what you mean about deciphering their instructions. You take for granted all patterns will have the usual American jargon and that just isn't the case!!
drsue said... (9/16/06 7:08 PM) Reply
The pants, including the back look pretty darn good. The only thing I see is that you might need to take a bit out of the upper CB seam for a bit more sway back adjustment. I'm always so jealous of how you look in pants. If you ever get a chance you might do a tip on how you figured out NM fly instructions as they continue to mystify me.
BeckyC said... (9/16/06 7:07 PM) Reply
Your pants look great on you! Even the back looks great as it is! Thanks for the links for all the helpful tips.
Riordan said... (9/16/06 7:03 PM) Reply
Your pants look wonderful on you!! (How I admire your long legs!)
ConnieBJ said... (9/16/06 6:49 PM) Reply
Irina, the pants look GREAT! I have only tried one NM pattern (with disasterous results as I neglected to read that they come with no seam allowance) Maybe it is time to try another one.

by: SewRuth