Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5203 (Cowl Top)

Reviewed by:dvazz

About dvazzstar
Member since: 8/15/03
Posted on:9/17/06 4:38 PM

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

SewLimited said... (9/19/06 4:53 AM) Reply
I have the same "freak of nature" problem. You did post 2 reviews - I'm still trying to remember how to download my pictures again!
jnamcd said... (9/18/06 5:02 PM) Reply
This is a great top! I laughed so hard at your "freak of nature" comment--as that is a phrase I use all the time! Great review!
maryfrana said... (9/18/06 4:29 PM) Reply
Oh, you just look so cute in this outfit. Nice job.
OP Gal said... (9/18/06 10:01 AM) Reply
Great looking top. Glad it worked for you.
Mini said... (9/18/06 9:42 AM) Reply
Glad this worked for you-it's an old favorite of mine. too. It works well with the Burda pants. Your outfit looks like a classic tee and chinos combo, but with a more flattering femine fit. I would definitely stick to drapey knits for this, especially for the cowl version, as the neck can get really bulky.
Lisa Laree said... (9/18/06 9:15 AM) Reply
This is one of my favorite patterns, is sooooo versatile! It's my shoulder-fitting template for other knit tops, too. Yours looks great!
mudcat said... (9/17/06 11:24 PM) Reply
I think the key to this pattern is using drapy knits (regardless of what she puts on the envelope). I tried twice with other types of knits and wasn't all that happy with either one (never wore them). I hadn't decided if I would try again, but after seeing yours I think I will.
Patti B said... (9/17/06 6:34 PM) Reply
Looks good with your beige linen pants. I always come back to this pattern because it just fits me well.
KarenP said... (9/17/06 6:10 PM) Reply
This is one of my favorite t-shirt patterns, too. I also love the fit through the shoulders and chest and have considered morphing them onto other t-shirt patterns. I love your version in rayon lycra jersey.
CarolynGM said... (9/17/06 6:08 PM) Reply
I made several of these and then the pattern went missing. Your cute top makes me want to go hunt for it again. Well done.
drsue said... (9/17/06 5:31 PM) Reply
Cute! Welcome to the coverstitch club.

by: Andrea670